Simon Kenton's new field??

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The field does look awesome. However I do believe Soccer will get to use it to won't they. As for the other up-grades I doubt if that will happen very soon because I hear they have to get turf for Scott next year.

I'm sure coach Wolfe will be playing soccer on the turf, he may not be fond of it but there shouldn't be many canceled games. I could even see coach Finn using the field for those wet baseball days. I think they had plans for a new locker room that were nixed to due budget restraints.

How much does a field like this cost? Million?

That's what Coach Marksberry said. He also said if they had decided to build the stadium in the bowl where the current practice field is is would've cost 6 million. With all the budget cuts going on, they had to eat the 5 million and settle for the current field location.

Looks super. I wonder if they are painting the logo on at mid-field or sewing it in. Also, how was this fine upgrade paid for?

Kenton County Board of Education of course. I believe I heard somewhere they are sewing it in for about $25,000 of course this could be hearsay. Painting it would be alot cheaper than this wouldn't it ? :rolleyes:

Kenton County Board of Education of course. I believe I heard somewhere they are sewing it in for about $25,000 of course this could be hearsay. Painting it would be alot cheaper than this wouldn't it ? :rolleyes:

I watched them sew in the lines, numbers, end zone wording and mid-field T.

Time consuming, but it lasts! I am happy the taxpayers made the investment.