Simon Kenton's new field??

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last I talked to coach Marksberry I believe he said the track was going to be redone at regulation size around the football field. Could be wrong, but that's what I remember.

I don't see how they could put one up there without moving the bleachers. They don't have enough room for it. I did hear that they would have something down so that the team has a place to practice but don't count on any events being held there until they put one down the hill.

I was by SK yesterday and they have put the big SK logo in the middle of the field and were putting down the rubber. It looks like they are striping the end zones ala Notre Dame. It really looks nice. One of the construction workers told me the goal posts are on back order. Looks like the Pioneers will be going for two alot this year.

I was by SK yesterday and they have put the big SK logo in the middle of the field and were putting down the rubber. It looks like they are striping the end zones ala Notre Dame. It really looks nice. One of the construction workers told me the goal posts are on back order. Looks like the Pioneers will be going for two alot this year.

Here's a pic of the logo.

http://skpioneers.blogspot.com/

Wow! The field looks great! Great job SK. I wish all schools would realize how important athletics are to a community. Did anyone ever say how much a field like that cost? I heard they were about $500,000.

Our school was quoted around $750,000, field only & track not included. We had to pass for now. Of course, they won't get any cheaper. Plus adding bleachers, track, etc is just a lot of money. As a "new startup" we had nothing but a flat field and lawn chairs for bleachers.

That could've been a very sweet setup if they could've put the field down in the bowl, especially if they kept the field up top for track and soccer.

There is not enough room up top for a regulation track. That's why the track is going in the bowl

I wondered about the goal posts, I didn't know if they would use the old posts, I bet they needed a crane to get those things up. Does anyone know if this type of turf installation calls for a certain type of goal post?

I wondered about the goal posts, I didn't know if they would use the old posts, I bet they needed a crane to get those things up. Does anyone know if this type of turf installation calls for a certain type of goal post?

NEERFAN, Coach M wanted to use the old goal post but was shot down by the contractor. Said they were too rusted below the ground. But, it took a bulldozer to push them over. The Bobcat they tried to use just sat there and spun.

That's unfortunate, but if it was a safety issue I could understand. I think they were made locally, and had been there for quite sometime.

I was there to see them come down and it was sad. The SK's at the top of each upright survived though. I am hoping that they are on top of the new ones.