Bill Curry is a Coach Again - No Kidding

Wireman

I have great respect for Coach Curry. I had a cousin who died of leukemia when he was a sophomore in high school. Coach Curry made several trips to the hospital to visit my cousin, and that really meant a lot to my cousin. I wish him all the luck in the world, but I don't know why he would want to give up the great job he had.

I have great respect for Coach Curry. I had a cousin who died of leukemia when he was a sophomore in high school. Coach Curry made several trips to the hospital to visit my cousin, and that really meant a lot to my cousin. I wish him all the luck in the world, but I don't know why he would want to give up the great job he had.

I can only imagine that he is wanting to get back into what he loves. I was pretty shocked when I heard this news, as well.

:thumb::thumb: Great post! I also have the utmost respect for Coach Curry .

Bill Curry is a fine Christian leader and is a class act all the way as well as imo being a good football coach. Great choice by Georgia State for a coach to build their program.

I can only imagine that he is wanting to get back into what he loves. I was pretty shocked when I heard this news, as well.

:thumb:Coaches coach, it's what they do and what they love. I don't think that the desire ever leaves them.

:thumb::thumb: Great post! I also have the utmost respect for Coach Curry .

Bill Curry is a fine Christian leader and is a class act all the way as well as imo being a good football coach. Great choice by Georgia State for a coach to build their program.

Ditto. When he was at UK, I had the pleasure of meeting him with a friend of mine who had just graduated the year before. A class act. Not only did he remember the player's name, but his wife & child's name as well. He was a good coach, however, he was an excellent recruiter. Every school he left was loaded with some pretty good talent upon his departure. Ga Tech, 'Bama & UK. Also, his kids will graduate, not be an embarrasment to the program. Since he wants to coach again, this is probably a very good fit. :thumb:

I lost a lot of respect for him when he was at UK for one thing. His last game against UT he took a kid that had not played all year and was going to redshirt and played him three or four plays in that game and cost that kid a year. Just not right.

Ditto. When he was at UK, I had the pleasure of meeting him with a friend of mine who had just graduated the year before. A class act. Not only did he remember the player's name, but his wife & child's name as well. He was a good coach, however, he was an excellent recruiter. Every school he left was loaded with some pretty good talent upon his departure. Ga Tech, 'Bama & UK. Also, his kids will graduate, not be an embarrasment to the program. Since he wants to coach again, this is probably a very good fit. :thumb:

:thumb:As for his teams at Bama, imo vs. Miami he was one very bad officiated game and call away from winning the Tide another NC.