Bill Curry is a Coach Again - No Kidding

Wireman

I lost a lot of respect for him when he was at UK for one thing. His last game against UT he took a kid that had not played all year and was going to redshirt and played him three or four plays in that game and cost that kid a year. Just not right.

That and running the option with Tim Couch.

Very good man. Very bad coach.

That and running the option with Tim Couch.

Very good man. Very bad coach.

I have to disagree with the very bad coach comment. As another has said, U.K. has made some very good coaches look very bad. Curry has proven that he can win in everywhere that he has been except for U.K., that alone should tell people something. I would rather have had Couch running the option than Hal Dumme and his band of goons setting the program back even further. Man didn't he really help the program by letting Couch throw the football, compltely disregarding any resemblance of a defense kicking Dusty Bonner out in favor of Lorenzen, Bonner was better, imo no question about that. Mumme was and is a disgrace, he made a complete joke out of U.K. Football and it's athletic dept..

Brooks and co. imo have things going in the right direction but in no way have they built any kind of a winning tradition.

A little off topic here, but tell me again the career paths of Lorenzen and Bonner after UK.

All parties would have been better had Lorenzen not been given (not earned) the job for the '00 season. Bonner would have had a good year, Lorenzen would have become an even better QB, and I'd have (at least) one more bowl ring.

A little off topic here, but tell me again the career paths of Lorenzen and Bonner after UK.

"After U.K." to means nothing to me and is is not the question or my point. I realize that Lorenzen went on to professional football and is still there. I also am not like some people that judge a college athlete as to whether he goes pro or not. I was not saying that "the Pillsbury Throwboy" (I don't mean that as a cut, it was a nickname amoung others that were pinned on him) was a bad QB.

I was saying and I still believe that Dusty Bonner was a better QB and Hal Bumme just threw him under the bus and crapped all over him. Bonner went on to Valdosta State (I believe it was) and set several NCAA 1AA passing records. He went to a 1AA level I would say bc he wouldn't have to sit out.

I realze that a lot of fans think that Lorenzen was better. That is fine with me and is their opinion as I have mine.

I apologize for getting off topic and I will leave it (Bonner/Lorenzen talk) with this post.