June 11, 200818 yr They'd likely block UK because they are on the schedule, right 98??? UK is presently like Bethlehem at Christmas...no room at the end. I can remember the days of people criticizing OTS and UK for not allowing Marvin Stone, god rest his soul, to transfer to UL...they finally did, but were raked over the coals. IU will be back, but it may be a while...one notable writer for the Indy Star thinks the IU and NCAA deal will be bloody. I guess what Sampson did was minor....
June 11, 200818 yr They'd look at him becase: "Jor-dan's Bet-ter" (clap-clap-clapclapclap) :lol: Good one :lol:! He's too talented of a player to not look at!
June 11, 200818 yr They'd look at him becase: "Jor-dan's Bet-ter" (clap-clap-clapclapclap) :lol: He was that night. Still... if Liggins qualifies, and Patterson doesn't leave after next year (both big ifs, I know), UK has ZERO scholarships for 09-10 at this point. Is Jordan a guy you work to fit on the team, or do you try to land an elite 09 kid instead?
June 12, 200818 yr He was that night. Still... if Liggins qualifies, and Patterson doesn't leave after next year (both big ifs, I know), UK has ZERO scholarships for 09-10 at this point. Is Jordan a guy you work to fit on the team, or do you try to land an elite 09 kid instead? Elite 09' kid in my opinion, Jordan Crawford had a few good games last year, but he wasn't crazy good or anything...was he?
June 12, 200818 yr Bozich thinks UC or X for Crawford... http://www.courier-journal.com/blogs/bozich/2008/06/jordan-crawford-leaving-indiana.html
June 12, 200818 yr Bozich thinks UC or X for Crawford... http://www.courier-journal.com/blogs/bozich/2008/06/jordan-crawford-leaving-indiana.html Doesn't look like he has anything to back that up though. Looks like a shot in the dark...
June 12, 200818 yr Doesn't look like he has anything to back that up though. Looks like a shot in the dark... Consider it an educated guess as far as I can tell so far. I was told earlier that IU will almost certainly block UK. UK was already blocked on Bassett...
June 12, 200818 yr IU has a 10 man recruiting class coming in including 2 walk-ons and a transfer who has to sit out for a year. It's going to be a loooong season for Hoosier fans.
June 12, 200818 yr IU has a 10 man recruiting class coming in including 2 walk-ons and a transfer who has to sit out for a year. It's going to be a loooong season for Hoosier fans. I've lived this one. It's not fun...
June 12, 200818 yr I've lived this one. It's not fun... Was UC ever the answer to a Jeopardy question though? “Kelvin Sampson got in trouble with the NCAA for making too many phone calls at this Hoosier school.”
June 12, 200818 yr Was UC ever the answer to a Jeopardy question though? “Kelvin Sampson got in trouble with the NCAA for making too many phone calls at this Hoosier school.” Huggs barfing out the window was bad enough for me... :lol:
June 12, 200818 yr Blocked or not, seems like if the player transfering really wants to go somewhere, the courts get involved, anyway.
June 12, 200818 yr He might be able to play this year...he is transferring because of the coaching change, which I am not positive on the ruling but he would be allowed to play? Anyone know where he is looking to go? I seriously doubt he will be allowed to play this season. I think that transfers can only play if the team they are leaving is facing sanctions (post season ban) for the remainder of their career, which would be 3 years for him. You know the NCAA is going to take in to consideration that he left BEFORE any sanctions were placed on IU......
June 12, 200818 yr Crean has some serious rebuilding to do in Bloomington. Can anyone else think of a situation like this in the past, a major D1 program with 1 returning scholarship?
June 12, 200818 yr Crean has some serious rebuilding to do in Bloomington. Can anyone else think of a situation like this in the past, a major D1 program with 1 returning scholarship? Unfortunately, yes.........
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.