Tell Your Wildest Story

FairFan

My grandmother, my father's mother, died way before I was born. Everyone says that I look like her, act like her and sound like her. When I look at a picture of her it spooks me because it truly is like I am looking at myself.

One day a friend and I went Antique shopping in Lancaster, Kentucky. As we were coming out of the shop this old man yelled, "Eliza". Eliza was my grandmother's name and at one time she lived in this area. I stopped and looked around and this old gentleman came up to me and started talking to me. It didn't take me long to figure out that this man and my grandmother must have been sweet on each other at one time. The strange thing is, he was talking to me as if I were Eliza. So instead of telling him any different, I stood there and talked to him for a long time as if I were my grandmother. This did two things, it made him feel good to think that he was talking to someone he once loved and it gave me a picture into my grandmother's life.

He was probably thinking "WOW, I should have stayed with her. She still looks great!"

All I will say is this. The end result of my story is that I am paying child support to 2 different mothers, and it will end at about the same time. 4 months difference to be exact.

The dollar dog story is even better! :laugh:Spill your guts!;)

In 1976 when I was President of Sigma Nu Fraternity and we had just gotten a new fraternity house, my buddy Hiram Hogg, who was a Lambda Chi called. He asked if I had the keys to the house, because he had a date and wanted to play some pinball, listen to music, etc. I told him that I would have to be there at the house with them. He asked me to drive his car, a VW bug, so that he could sit in the back with his blind date. When he came out of the dorm and approached the car, I wasn't paying any attention untill he moved the passenger seat up as far as it would go and told Jody she would have to sit in the back. When I felt the car sink I looked in the mirror and saw about 1/3 of her head. It was amazing!

When we got to the house they went into the music room and picked some tapes out. About that time we saw the headlights of 3 cars moving up the long winding driveway. Hiram decided he did not want to be seen with Jody by anyone so they went upstairs. When the frat guys and some of our little sisters came in, they saw "THE COAT"! One of the girls asked, is this your coat Duck? It looked like a tent and it just so happened that Jody's picture ID was in the pocket. The next question was, OMG Duck, do you have HER upstairs? I came clean and told them Hiram was upstairs with her. When they all ran up to see, apparently Hiram had decided he liked Jody and was caught in an awkward position.:eek:

So instead of telling him any different, I stood there and talked to him for a long time as if I were my grandmother. This did two things, it made him feel good to think that he was talking to someone he once loved and it gave me a picture into my grandmother's life.
Just to settle this in my own mind -- his name wasn't "Pete," was it? :scared:

In 1976 when I was President of Sigma Nu Fraternity and we had just gotten a new fraternity house, my buddy Hiram Hogg, who was a Lambda Chi called. He asked if I had the keys to the house, because he had a date and wanted to play some pinball, listen to music, etc. I told him that I would have to be there at the house with them. He asked me to drive his car, a VW bug, so that he could sit in the back with his blind date. When he came out of the dorm and approached the car, I wasn't paying any attention untill he moved the passenger seat up as far as it would go and told Jody she would have to sit in the back. When I felt the car sink I looked in the mirror and saw about 1/3 of her head. It was amazing!

When we got to the house they went into the music room and picked some tapes out. About that time we saw the headlights of 3 cars moving up the long winding driveway. Hiram decided he did not want to be seen with Jody by anyone so they went upstairs. When the frat guys and some of our little sisters came in, they saw "THE COAT"! One of the girls asked, is this your coat Duck? It looked like a tent and it just so happened that Jody's picture ID was in the pocket. The next question was, OMG Duck, do you have HER upstairs? I came clean and told them Hiram was upstairs with her. When they all ran up to see, apparently Hiram had decided he liked Jody and was caught in an awkward position.:eek:

Haha now that's classic.

State tournament several years ago.

Some (adult) friends of mine and I headed to an adult establishment.

Late in the night, one friend doesn't feel well and heads to the car but doesn't tell anyone.

When we leave we can't find him. In typical young adult male fashion, we think he got lucky and left with some female.

The next morning we wake up to him banging on the hotel door at the Campbell House.

Apparantly when he went to get in the car, he got in the WRONG CAR. Whoever's car it was drove home with him passed out in the back and didn't notice him there.

When he woke up at about 5am he was at a farm outside of Lexington, still in the back of the car. The keys were in the car so he started it up and took off, driving back to the Campbell House once he figured out where he was.

As we left to go to the second game of the first session, there were several police cars surrounding the car. (My friend was thoughtful enough to leave the key in the floorboard.)

It's amazing that we didn't all end up in jail that year.

I've since traded taking my friends for taking my wife. It's much more safe.

Edited by Birdsfan