Guess What? Your Taxpayer Dollars Have Been Funding Rev. Wright And Trinity...

I wonder who is paying for Rev. Wright's $1.6 million mansion? Where is the separation of church and state here?

Guess What? Your Taxpayer Dollars Have Been Funding Rev. Wright And Trinity Church Of Christ

FOX News has learned that over the last 15 years, Trinity has received at least $15 million in grants from the federal government — in other words, taxpayer money.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:thumb:

It will take more than what his former church received or does to dissuade me from voting his way.

What happened to the mantra "Seperation of Church and State" that the left likes to toss around? If this had been a predominately white church anywhere else, you would be using the above phrase left and left.

What happened to the mantra "Seperation of Church and State" that the left likes to toss around? If this had been a predominately white church anywhere else, you would be using the above phrase left and left.
Exactly. Liberals did not exactly deliver a collective "Amen!" when George Bush proposed paying churches to deliver social services. I guess it is okay if churches getting taxpayer dollars help elect liberal candidates and attack "white greed."

If Trinity was the only church to receive a government grant then this argument would hold water.
Of course Trinity is not the only church to receive a grant. Obama personally saw to it that Father Pfleger's church received hundreds of thousands of dollars of taxpayer money. I do not recall ever attending a church where government grants were filling the collection plate. I guess having a raving lunatic in the pulpit is the key to receiving public financing for a church.

Would you lefties' opinions change if it was Obama whom had approved, or peddled influence, for Wright to get the grants?

I, too, have never been to a church that received grants. That would be an interesting list to see.

I generally have a problem with it because I am opposed to entitlement programs and charity programs funded with tax payer dollars.

That having been said, if we do have those programs (and we do unfortunately) then I have no problem with what happened as long as the money actually went for the purposes set forth in the article. Churches need to become more of a leader in improving America. While I obviously don't agree with the message Trinity Church is sending out (frankly, Wright was advocating race warfare when you really boil it down to what it was), in general I believe churches can play a big role in returning lost values to America. Honestly in most circumstances I'd rather a minister, priest, rabbi or other type of clergy determining who was needy than some dang bureacrat in Washington or some state capitol.

Again, nothing here to dissuade one from voting for Obama.

More Obama obsession. Next...

In your opinion and your opinion carries no more weight then AcesFull.

I think it is very relevent information.

I seem to remember the left being all up in arms a few years back because a large group of conservative pastors used their pulpits to push their ppolitical agenda.

Do you not see the hypocrisy in just trying to sweep this under the rug?

George Bush set up the "grant thing" with his charitable grants movement. I was against that from the beginning and I'm what some on here term "a liberal". So before you castigate and paint everyone in the same place let me assure you not everyone here is happy with churches receiving grants. In fact The Baptist Joint Committee on Public Affairs were not in favor of this relationship and neither was the Americans United for the Seperation of Church and State.

Now Aces, your first post hints that Wright's house was built with those grant funds. If possible he could and would be prosecuted. Grant monies from the government often have so many strings attached that you MUST put them where the government says you must on your grant application.

Now did those grant monies free up church funds to build his house? Quite possibly.

It seems in the rush to "nail Obama" sometimes we don't see or speak the WHOLE story.