• Lakers in 7
    • Celtics in 7

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Lakers in 7. This will be a great series. I believe each team gets one on the road and it coming down to a game 7 in Boston and Lakers pulling it out.

Celtics haven't faced the Lakers with Gasol in the lineup so it'll be interesting to see how they try to defend them. I personally think the Celtics will be at a mismatch in this series.

I look for these matchups:

Rondo v Fisher: Rondo is quicker but Fisher is a dead eye shooter and will give Rondo fits defensively.

Radmonovich v Allen: Allen definetly has the advantage here but the only question is whether or not he shows up.

Kobe v Pierce: Can't see Pierce slowing Kobe down. Advantage Lakers.

Odom v KG: Probably the best match up on the floor. Both are very long and can play inside and out.

Gasol v Perkins: I actually think Gasol will be on KG much more to give Odom an advantage on Perkins offensively but either way Gasol has the advantage here.

I really don't care who wins this series. I'll be happy either way. I want to see KG, Allen, and Pierce finally get a ring but at the same time I'd love to see Kobe prove all the critics from the past few years wrong and show he can win a championship without Shaq.

In the two games these two teams played during the regular season Boston won both. The Celtics won one by a score of 110-91 and the other by a score of 107-94. Gasol didn't play in either game, but Bynum played in both.

The Lakers have been at another level in the playoffs. Those two games don't mean much.

It's crazy... I cheer for the Mets, Seahawks, and Celtics in pro sports and have for years... In my every day life, I encounter very few fans of any of those teams because of where I live. Then they do something good and all of a sudden everyone has been a lifelong fan... I don't like being grouped with those people.

And no, I'm not referring to anyone here.

I had lost interest the NBA as a whole, not just one team for a long time. I was a big Celtic fan back in their heyday of the 70's and 80's and was an overall NBA fan as well. With the decline of the Celtics and the more and more decline of quality individuals (character wise) playing in the NBA each year it seemed I just lost interest. Watching the Celtics play this season and guys like Tay prince (Detroit) and Chuck Hayes (Houston) got me a little interested again and I would try and watch them play when they were on but still not a regular NBA viewer/fan. I watch the Celtics and the two stated above when they are on.

I have to say that this Celtic/Laker series has got me looking foward to it. There is no way it will be like it was in the 80's with Bird, McHale, Parish, Majic, Jabbar and K. Rambus but I am looking fowad to it and as always rooting against the Lakers.......some things never change.:thumb:

Going out on a limb, I'll say Lakers in 5. 6 is probably more likely, but I'm going with it.

I'm with you...I think the Lakers will take it in 5 and wouldn't be shocked by a sweep.