• Lakers in 7
    • Celtics in 7

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I really haven't followed NBA basketball since Larry Legend retired. I was a huge Celtics fan back in the days of Bird, McHale, The Chief, Ainge, DJ, and those great Boston teams of the 80's. There was some great battles with the Lakers during those years. I'll definitely be pulling for the Celtics in this one.

:thumb: I agree and can go back futher (athough Iwas very young) in that I remember watching John (Hondo) Havlicheck and Bill Russell. I also remember Dave Cowen, Jo Jo White and pulling for them as well.

Are the finals 2-3-2?

Yes.

Also, This doesn't matter but just an interesting FYI.....Boston and L.A. have played in the NBA Championship series 10 times, Boston is 8-2 in those head to head series for the Championship.

Boston has 16 NBA Championships, LA has 14, I believe that is about half of the overall total of NBA titles between just these two teams, when anyone thinks of the NBA, you have to think of the Celtics and Lakers.

Edited by oldrambler

#1 Just bc he is Kobe and #2 he is a Laker. :D At least back in the day I still hated the Lakers but I did have respect for Bird and Jabbar.

I will have to call myself out on this one, I meant to say that although I hated the Lakers I still had respect for Majic and Jabbar.

Of course I had respect for Larry Legend, my favorite all time NBA player.

It's crazy... I cheer for the Mets, Seahawks, and Celtics in pro sports and have for years... In my every day life, I encounter very few fans of any of those teams because of where I live. Then they do something good and all of a sudden everyone has been a lifelong fan... I don't like being grouped with those people.

And no, I'm not referring to anyone here.

It's crazy... I cheer for the Mets, Seahawks, and Celtics in pro sports and have for years... In my every day life, I encounter very few fans of any of those teams because of where I live. Then they do something good and all of a sudden everyone has been a lifelong fan... I don't like being grouped with those people.

And no, I'm not referring to anyone here.

It reminds me of fashion. I mean only a few people wear something then all of a sudden one good year or seeing some celebs wearing it then it's a new hit craze for a while, it's year in and year out.

Also I just cheer for the lesser of two evils when it gets this close and my team isn't there..

And you mean there isn't a bunch of diehard Met fans in Pike Co.? :lol:

How long do you have to keep your Spurs avatar? :lol:

The original bet was that the Spurs wouldn't even make the NBA Finals and HB would have to show off a Lakers avatar.

However, after the Spurs came back to beat New Orleans, I decided to take it upon myself to show off a Spurs avatar since I talked so much crap about that series being over after the Spurs fell behind 2-0.

SO to make a long story longer, I'm showing off this avatar til after the Finals. :lol:

The original bet was that the Spurs wouldn't even make the NBA Finals and HB would have to show off a Lakers avatar.

However, after the Spurs came back to beat New Orleans, I decided to take it upon myself to show off a Spurs avatar since I talked so much crap about that series being over after the Spurs fell behind 2-0.

SO to make a long story longer, I'm showing off this avatar til after the Finals. :lol:

To be fair, I will put up a Lakers avatar if you want...for the finals.