Interesting tidbit about Hilary's win...

Yeah, this doesn't bode well for Obama. Hillary won Kentucky by 35 points, but did not win Jefferson or Fayette, and it was close in Kenton. Means that nearly every other Dem in the state voted for Hillary. I think that goes to prove Hillary's hypothesis that Obama has no appeal with white, middle and working class people, and instead gets only urban minorities and the intellectual crowd. That's not going to get it in November.

Think about it this way: Obama will be the Democratic nominee, and did not carry California, New York, New Jersey, Texas, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and ostensibly Florida in the popular primary.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw them interview a woman from Clay County and she said that she wasn't going to vote for Hillary because she said that a woman's place was in the home. She also stated that it is in the bible and she loves her bible.

Yeah, this doesn't bode well for Obama. Hillary won Kentucky by 35 points, but did not win Jefferson or Fayette, and it was close in Kenton. Means that nearly every other Dem in the state voted for Hillary. I think that goes to prove Hillary's hypothesis that Obama has no appeal with white, middle and working class people, and instead gets only urban minorities and the intellectual crowd. That's not going to get it in November.

Think about it this way: Obama will be the Democratic nominee, and did not carry California, New York, New Jersey, Texas, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and ostensibly Florida in the popular primary.

I think it will be somewhat different during the general election. That is if the democrats come out of the convention united.

Thought it was interesting they had that stat, then they showed Oregon polling as 78% saying that race wasn't a factor in their vote in that state...

Leaves 22%. They played up Kentucky as a redneck state. I hate the media...

Good point.

What a spin on a story!!!

I just don't feel that Obama is electable at this point. I don't know whether that means race is an issue in this, or if most just don't think he's qualified?

I truly believe that many, many people who've voted for him in these primary elections did so knowing that they are going to vote for McCain in November. Essentially, they were voting against Clinton.

As to hating the media, could they just report results, rather than so obviously trying to influence them? I'm tired of hearing two months out that my vote is already irrelevant.:irked:

They played it up that whites would only vote for the white candidate, I am guessing that it would be more than 21% of blacks voting on race in this election.

Are all those who voted for Obama sexist? If 90% of African-Americans vote for Obama are they voting racist? If enough betters bet on Big Brown to send him off at 1-5 odds, are they prejudiced toward big horses or brown horses?

Anyone who thinks race won't play a major factor in November is naively fooling themselves.

..... on more than one level. Anyone whot hinks that McCain is the only one who will benefit from race is naively fooling themselves. Race and youth are ironically the two things that could put Obama in the White House, or the two things that keep him out of it.

I strongly suspect record turnouts for this election...and the role of metropolitain areas will never be more evident.

..... on more than one level. Anyone whot hinks that McCain is the only one who will benefit from race is naively fooling themselves. Race and youth are ironically the two things that could put Obama in the White House, or the two things that keep him out of it.

I strongly suspect record turnouts for this election...and the role of metropolitain areas will never be more evident.

I agree with all of that.

As CNN and Fox said, the concentration of Blacks is higher in those areas.

It was also a very close margin in some Northern Kentucky counties also.

It kind of ticked me off when the guy on MSNBC showed the state map of Kentucky. He drew the "urban" area as stretching from Louisville over to Lexington in a thin band. He said the rest of the state was rural farmland. :madman: Just shows you what New Yorkers know about the heartland. :rolleyes:

Thought it was interesting they had that stat, then they showed Oregon polling as 78% saying that race wasn't a factor in their vote in that state...

Leaves 22%. They played up Kentucky as a redneck state. I hate the media...

Yeah, I noticed the way they were spinning ths statistics to make us look more like the opposite of Oregon. If you're going to compare exit poll data, show the same data, in the same way, for both states.

I saw them interview a woman from Clay County and she said that she wasn't going to vote for Hillary because she said that a woman's place was in the home. She also stated that it is in the bible and she loves her bible.
Was there a banjo softly playing in the background? :irked:

Race may put the old white guy in the Big White House.

So if we intend to vote for McCain we're racist?

If that's the reason he's elected over Hussein then so be it. I firmly believe we will be better off with McCain.

At least it would give the Dems another irrational rerason to hate a Republican president.

I may be wrong, because I'm surely no political expert, but I've had the opinion that McCain will beat Obama from the word go. Hillary is the dems best chance to win the White House and they're flushing it down the drain, IMO.