Best Golfers From Your County

TaylorMadeBoy

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From Owsley County:

Eric Mason - Finished in the top 5 at the KHSAA State tournament 3 times, 4th in 1994, 3rd in 1995, and 2nd in 1996. 4 time High School All State member. Played in the state tournament as an individual qualifier 5 times, the first time as a 7th grader. Kentucky State Am champion in 2000 and 2001. All Sun Belt Conference 4 times when he played for Western Kentucky University.

Randy Osborne - Qualified for the KHSAA State Tournament in 1996. Member of the Morehead State University golf team.

Ronnie Barrett - Didn't learn to play golf until he finished college in 1977, but won numerous club invitational tournaments in our area (Eastern Kentucky) in the mid 1980s. Won the Beattyville Country Club Invitational in 1984, 1985, and 1987.

Also, Eric Mason's dad, Gary, was a very good golfer in the 1970s and 1980s.

1. Steve Flesch

2. Jim Volpenhein

3. Ralph Landrum

Not sure if they all resided in Kenton Cty but they did all go to school (High School) in Kenton Cty.

Steve Flesch currently lives in Boone County. Not sure where he's originally from either, though.

1. Steve Flesch

2. Jim Volpenhein

3. Ralph Landrum

Not sure if they all resided in Kenton Cty but they did all go to school (High School) in Kenton Cty.

Volpenhein is one of the best I've ever seen. He used to play in the Men's Invitational in Cynthiana when I was younger and he was amazing.

Volpenhein is one of the best I've ever seen. He used to play in the Men's Invitational in Cynthiana when I was younger and he was amazing.

I was at UK when he was and all the girls had a crush on him as well. I never saw him but I heard the name and remarks about his good looks all the time. Has to be the same guy.