Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

KHSAA Football draft alignment for 2009 and 2010:

Featured Replies

In looking at Class A District 3 and 4 it seems to me that it would have made far more sense to put Walton-Verona in District 4 with the likes of Gallatin Cty, Trimble Cty etc. These schools are already rivals in Region 8 basketball so it only seems logical to me..

Bracken is going to pass every team in District 3 and drive a minimun of 60 miles just to play their District foes in District 4.. but what do I know..lol

  • Replies 103
  • Views 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In looking at Class A District 3 and 4 it seems to me that it would have made far more sense to put Walton-Verona in District 4 with the likes of Gallatin Cty, Trimble Cty etc. These schools are already rivals in Region 8 basketball so it only seems logical to me..

Bracken is going to pass every team in District 3 and drive a minimun of 60 miles just to play their District foes in District 4.. but what do I know..lol

 

I'd say that is a defendable suggestion. Move WV to 4 and Bracken into 3.

 

The response I could imagine the KHSAA having is that while it helps one school (Bracken) it hurts the existing schools in 3 as they will all how have a one hour (each way) trip and it probably also hurts WV as some of their trips in 4 will now be longer than the trips they would have had to take had they stayed in 3. My estimate is that the longest trip they have in 3 is a 30 minute drive. Wouldn't Frankfort and Trimble be longer than that? And I have no idea where Eminence even is so I don't know if that would be longer or not.

 

But again, I think your suggestion is at least reasonable.

In looking at Class A District 3 and 4 it seems to me that it would have made far more sense to put Walton-Verona in District 4 with the likes of Gallatin Cty, Trimble Cty etc. These schools are already rivals in Region 8 basketball so it only seems logical to me..

Bracken is going to pass every team in District 3 and drive a minimun of 60 miles just to play their District foes in District 4.. but what do I know..lol

 

Agreed.:thumb:

If I'm Holmes, Scott, Cooper, or Dixie, I would push for having teams play in their proper classification.

If I'm Holmes, Scott, Cooper, or Dixie, I would push for having teams play in their proper classification.

 

All schools should have to play in the proper class. Divide them up by numbers and play in the class you are suppose to. I would like to see a list of all schools who do this and another list where they should be and see what it looks like? If teams wanted to play up let them play in a super class or something and divide and play with the other teams.

All schools should have to play in the proper class. Divide them up by numbers and play in the class you are suppose to. I would like to see a list of all schools who do this and another list where they should be and see what it looks like? If teams wanted to play up let them play in a super class or something and divide and play with the other teams.

 

So what district would you put Cov. Cath. and Highlands in in 3A? There just don't seem to be alot of 3A sized schools in NKY. I would have a problem with a large school moving down but a small school moving up shouldn't be a problem.

All schools should have to play in the proper class. Divide them up by numbers and play in the class you are suppose to. I would like to see a list of all schools who do this and another list where they should be and see what it looks like? If teams wanted to play up let them play in a super class or something and divide and play with the other teams.

 

Both Cov Cath and Highlands have moved up .

Cov Cath would play in 4A and Highlands would play in 3A

If Highlands was forced to play 3A who would come close t giving them a game.

 

No if a team wants to play up for better games , let them play up

no matter where some teams play somebody will not be happy

Both Cov Cath and Highlands have moved up .

Cov Cath would play in 4A and Highlands would play in 3A

If Highlands was forced to play 3A who would come close t giving them a game.

 

No if a team wants to play up for better games , let them play up

no matter where some teams play somebody will not be happy

 

I forgot that Cov. Cath. was 4A. Agree with you.:thumb:

Let them Play up, it is really a disadvantage for the team playing up, Highlands would own 3a if they played in that division.

All schools should have to play in the proper class. Divide them up by numbers and play in the class you are suppose to. I would like to see a list of all schools who do this and another list where they should be and see what it looks like? If teams wanted to play up let them play in a super class or something and divide and play with the other teams.

 

Not Sure about all classes but I believe that Russellville should be 1A and that Highlands should be 3A. Also maybe Somerset should be 1A. I am sure that the number cant be more that 4 or 5 teams that actually do it.

Both Cov Cath and Highlands have moved up .

Cov Cath would play in 4A and Highlands would play in 3A

If Highlands was forced to play 3A who would come close t giving them a game.

 

No if a team wants to play up for better games , let them play up

no matter where some teams play somebody will not be happy

 

You are correct. Somebody will always be unhappy. Agree or disagree, Its just my opinion that if you are going to go by numbers than everyone should go by numbers. Play in the class you are placed or play all the way up in some kind of super class or something. I would guess they are a few more than just Cov. Cath and Highlands but I could be wrong. I don't have a solution as to what district to put them in, I am just saying that if you are going to have a system then go by it. If not then come up with another plan.

I am of the believe that if you want to move up you should have to move up to 6A. Teams that petition to move up get to choose their district (if they are approved) and no other schools get to choose their district. I understand why Cov. Cath and Highlands would want to move up but would they still want to move up if it meant competeing in 6A instead of an easier 5A class? I say no or they would have made that request last year as there is a 6A district in NKY they could walk through also. So I do not believe teams should be allowed to choose who they want to compete with if you want to move up go all the way.

I am of the believe that if you want to move up you should have to move up to 6A. Teams that petition to move up get to choose their district (if they are approved) and no other schools get to choose their district. I understand why Cov. Cath and Highlands would want to move up but would they still want to move up if it meant competeing in 6A instead of an easier 5A class? I say no or they would have made that request last year as there is a 6A district in NKY they could walk through also. So I do not believe teams should be allowed to choose who they want to compete with if you want to move up go all the way.

 

I would have no problem with Highlands or Cov. Cath. moving to 6A competition wise. However, numbers wise that is a huge difference. Highlands moved up 2 classes and Cov. Cath. moved up one.

 

Are you saying that anyone that wants to move up must automatically go to 6A? What if you have a 1A team that wants to move for travel or lets say competition. Does the 1A team only get to move up to 6A?:confused: Doesn't make sense to me.

All schools should have to play in the proper class. Divide them up by numbers and play in the class you are suppose to. I would like to see a list of all schools who do this and another list where they should be and see what it looks like? If teams wanted to play up let them play in a super class or something and divide and play with the other teams.

 

You obviously are not a superintendent worrying about fiscal issues. To force teams to play in their size classification would result in several teams (probably 9 or 10) having every district game being at least an hour away. That's big, big transportation costs which the KHSAA has wisely taken into consideration.

 

And for the life of me, I don't understand the motivation of "if you move up you have to go to the top class". Why should that be? In my mind, no school should ever complain about a smaller school moving up into your class unless you are worrying about getting beaten by a smaller school, which in my opinion, is pretty dang bad and shameful. If size matters in football (and I don't see how anyone could logically argue to the contrary) then complaining about having to beat a smaller school is simply a sign of weakness and defeatism. Crud, I'd be embarrassed to say that Beechwood shouldn't be able to move up to Highlands class because I was concerned that we couldn't beat them. If we can't beat a school regularly that is much smaller than us, the problem is not with Beechwood playing up, the problem is in our program and that's what I'd focused on.

Both Cov Cath and Highlands have moved up .

Cov Cath would play in 4A and Highlands would play in 3A

If Highlands was forced to play 3A who would come close t giving them a game.

 

No if a team wants to play up for better games , let them play up

no matter where some teams play somebody will not be happy

 

While I agree generally with this post, moving up to play better games is not a legit reason. Its only permitted if there is a geographical (i.e. excessive travel) reason.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.