For argument's sake, let's assume BCG bolts, do you....

Do you go back to Billy D as your first choice?  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Do you go back to Billy D as your first choice?

• Yes
    • No
    • HECK NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand this forum is to express views and throw out "what if's" but BG is going to do a great job here at Kentucky, if we only give him a chance. We all know Tubby did not like to recruit and basically that's why we are in the situation we are in now. Give the man a chance to bring in his recruits and see what happens. He got the BEST man for the job.

What about Dixon from Notre Dame?...he does well year in and year out at an over the top football school.

I also believe Miller wouldn't be a bad choice...althought he wouldn't be at the top of my list.

Bennett from Wash. St. is a good young guy as well...

But here's to BCG staying put...please...

What about Dixon from Notre Dame?...he does well year in and year out at an over the top football school.

I also believe Miller wouldn't be a bad choice...althought he wouldn't be at the top of my list.

Bennett from Wash. St. is a good young guy as well...

But here's to BCG staying put...please...

Who is Dixon?

Are you meaning Jamie Dixon from Pittsburgh or Mike Brey from Notre Dame?

Brey was mentioned during our last search - you won't find many people wanting him.

Even the Matt Doherty hire?

I was thrilled when they hired Matt, even though I was bummed that Roy said no. Now once I saw that Matt could not handle the big time pressure there, I wanted him out, but I did like that they gave him the chance.

Here we go with this mythical magical connection between Billy and UK. It's not there guys, move on.

If BG does move on, I think the best guy to make a run at would be Sean Miller. Look what happened last time you brought in an 'East Coast Guy'

Big difference between Pitino and Miller though. I like Miller but I don't think he has earned a shot at UK yet. I don't necessarily think that Ford or Pelphrey have done quite enough in coaching to earn a shot at UK but they've earned it on the court at UK and that's why they get a pass from me anyway. I think one or both of them will eventually be coach at UK if they both have success until they reach UK.

Back to this thread, go after Pitino HARD. I hope would go after Ricky P first, before Donavan. I wouldn't even ask Donavan at first, I would drive straight to Louisville with a blank check. Tell Pitino to name a price and we'll even rename the new basketball facility after him. Call it Pitinotown, Pitinoville, or Rick City, I don't much care, whatever he wants. I would throw everything at him and let him know that we wanted him before anyone else.

That is, if BCG left. I'm happy with BCG but there has to be something to these rumors with Okie State or I think Billy G. would have said something to negate them by now. I don't think he will leave but I think he's definately listening. Whether as a bargaining chip against Barnhart or not, I don't know but he is listening for some reason.