For argument's sake, let's assume BCG bolts, do you....

Do you go back to Billy D as your first choice?  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Do you go back to Billy D as your first choice?

• Yes
    • No
    • HECK NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Billy Donovan would be the best choice, once again, for the University of Kentucky. I think you'd have to put some feelers out and at least see if there is any interest. If not, no big deal. Why not see if one of the top coaches in college basketball would come?

But, I think John Pelphrey will be the next coach at Kentucky. And, if I had to guess, it'll be in somewhere between 6-8 years in the future.

Here we go with this mythical magical connection between Billy and UK. It's not there guys, move on.

If BG does move on, I think the best guy to make a run at would be Sean Miller. Look what happened last time you brought in an 'East Coast Guy'

Here we go with this mythical magical connection between Billy and UK. It's not there guys, move on.

If BG does move on, I think the best guy to make a run at would be Sean Miller. Look what happened last time you brought in an 'East Coast Guy'

Wanting to make a run at one of the best young coaches in the game that is a protege of one of the best runs in UK history is some sort of mythical magical connection???

Seems more like a very logical and rational decision to make a run at a young coach that has recently won back-to-back championships.

Wanting to make a run at one of the best young coaches in the game that is a protege of one of the best runs in UK history is some sort of mythical magical connection???

Seems more like a very logical and rational decision to make a run at a young coach that has recently won back-to-back championships.

You misunderstood me.

Since we're all playin devil's advocate here and playing AD let's go and use the power and money and connections that go along with being UK and very quietly send outa feeler for Self and Howland first and when they say "No Thanks" here is your short list:

1. Donovan

2. Calipari

3. Barnes

4. Miller

Are you Hillary Clinton??? You misspoke?:p

Seriously, what did you mean?

:laugh:No, I mean that everyone assumes that since Billy was an assistant for 3 years at UK that he has this deep rooted love for Lexington or UK and that is just not the case.

It started a long time ago, with the ridiculous rumor that there was a UK clause in his Florida contract.

Since we're all playin devil's advocate here and playing AD let's go and use the power and money and connections that go along with being UK and very quietly send outa feeler for Self and Howland first and when they say "No Thanks" here is your short list:

1. Donovan

2. Calipari

3. Barnes

4. Miller

The first 3 already told you no just a year ago.

I agree it wouldn't hurt to ask, only leaves one.