Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

For argument's sake, let's assume BCG bolts, do you....

Do you go back to Billy D as your first choice? 78 members have voted

  1. 1. Do you go back to Billy D as your first choice?

    • Yes
      37%
    • No
      32%
    • HECK NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      30%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Go first to Billy D and see if he would reconsider.

 

I would do so very quietly behind the scenes.

 

Didn't Roy Williams turn down UNC a few years before he eventually went there?

  • Replies 60
  • Views 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would do it quietly but if he wanted to I would take him in a second. UK doesn't do anything quietly. :lol:

Billy Donovan would be the best choice, once again, for the University of Kentucky. I think you'd have to put some feelers out and at least see if there is any interest. If not, no big deal. Why not see if one of the top coaches in college basketball would come?

 

But, I think John Pelphrey will be the next coach at Kentucky. And, if I had to guess, it'll be in somewhere between 6-8 years in the future.

I would guess JP also. Ricky P has been mending fences, though.

Here we go with this mythical magical connection between Billy and UK. It's not there guys, move on.

 

If BG does move on, I think the best guy to make a run at would be Sean Miller. Look what happened last time you brought in an 'East Coast Guy'

Seems like Lute Olson turned us down several times.

 

You will never get what you want if you don't ask.

 

I have no interest in Miller at KY.

  • Author
Here we go with this mythical magical connection between Billy and UK. It's not there guys, move on.

 

If BG does move on, I think the best guy to make a run at would be Sean Miller. Look what happened last time you brought in an 'East Coast Guy'

 

Wanting to make a run at one of the best young coaches in the game that is a protege of one of the best runs in UK history is some sort of mythical magical connection???

 

Seems more like a very logical and rational decision to make a run at a young coach that has recently won back-to-back championships.

Wanting to make a run at one of the best young coaches in the game that is a protege of one of the best runs in UK history is some sort of mythical magical connection???

 

Seems more like a very logical and rational decision to make a run at a young coach that has recently won back-to-back championships.

You misunderstood me.
  • Author
You misunderstood me.

 

Are you Hillary Clinton??? You misspoke?:p

 

Seriously, what did you mean?

No, I go after Sean Miller or Anthony Grant.

Since we're all playin devil's advocate here and playing AD let's go and use the power and money and connections that go along with being UK and very quietly send outa feeler for Self and Howland first and when they say "No Thanks" here is your short list:

1. Donovan

2. Calipari

3. Barnes

4. Miller

Are you Hillary Clinton??? You misspoke?:p

 

Seriously, what did you mean?

:laugh:No, I mean that everyone assumes that since Billy was an assistant for 3 years at UK that he has this deep rooted love for Lexington or UK and that is just not the case.

 

It started a long time ago, with the ridiculous rumor that there was a UK clause in his Florida contract.

 

 

 

I have no interest in Miller at KY.

 

:thumb: Ditto. I am just not sold on that guy either.

Since we're all playin devil's advocate here and playing AD let's go and use the power and money and connections that go along with being UK and very quietly send outa feeler for Self and Howland first and when they say "No Thanks" here is your short list:

1. Donovan

2. Calipari

3. Barnes

4. Miller

The first 3 already told you no just a year ago.

 

I agree it wouldn't hurt to ask, only leaves one.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.