In Honor of coach Ray Brown

Villa Madonna before their game with Newport added coach Brown's initials on the side of their hat. Coach Brown not only did a lot for Newport schools and the baseball program but was a long time face of NKY baseball he will be missed.

That is truly a classy thing to do and yes Sawyers will no doubt have that team winning games soon.. There is some talent there as I heard Villa only lost to Henry Co. 5-2 today. However it's a shame how the Villa baseball program has gone down since their district title 2 years ago. I heard they only had 14 players on the squad this year with 3 being in middle school. The 2 eighth graders on the team are going elsewhere for high school and after the 5 seniors graduate this year it's going to be difficult to put the team in the right direction with such few numbers.

That is truly a classy thing to do and yes Sawyers will no doubt have that team winning games soon.. There is some talent there as I heard Villa only lost to Henry Co. 5-2 today. However it's a shame how the Villa baseball program has gone down since their district title 2 years ago. I heard they only had 14 players on the squad this year with 3 being in middle school. The 2 eighth graders on the team are going elsewhere for high school and after the 5 seniors graduate this year it's going to be difficult to put the team in the right direction with such few numbers.

Agreed. It's shame they can't keep those boys at Villa. Winning cures all my friend.