Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Tattoos & cell phones

Featured Replies

I don't know if this has ever been discussed on here but I think about it every time that I watch an NCAA (more so basketball & football) game.

With most of these athletes have little or no money. How is it possible that they have cell phones and tattoos? Aren't these items expensive?!!!

  • Replies 38
  • Views 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You can get cell phones for free with the right plan. I don't know which kinds of phones they have though.

 

Trust me, athletes got plenty of money. The scholarships they're on give them extra money for food and such and I'm sure there's plenty even after they spend it on food.

Michael Beasley carries 4 cell phones. Blackberry ,Sidekick, IPhone, and something else I forget.

I know of a lot them have jobs on campus assigned to them. More than likely these jobs are like working the desk at a dorm or the gym. That gives them some extra money. Remember the movie "The Program" that kinda tells the story. LOL

Alot of people don't realize how much a "full scholarship" can cover. For instance, a Division I athlete that I know lives in an off-campus apartment (covered by the athletic scholarship_ that is at least $600 a month for rent ...which is alot more than most off-campus residences. And I'm sure that's just one of the many perks. It pays to be talented.

Another big thing is that if an athlete who is on a "full ride" qualifies for a pell grant (up to $2100) a semester, they get that money back in there pocket. They can also take out student loans to get cash back. I would say that Beasely could afford to take a loan or two out.:lol:

Another big thing is that if an athlete who is on a "full ride" qualifies for a pell grant (up to $2100) a semester, they get that money back in there pocket. They can also take out student loans to get cash back. I would say that Beasely could afford to take a loan or two out.:lol:

 

Thats kinda what I was thinking okie. I'm sure most of these guys take out a ton of student loans, blow it on whatever they want and then write a check for it once they get into the league. Thats what I'd do anyway.

What bank is going to deny Michael Beasley or any other high profile player a loan?

I'd also say they get the tattoos for free.

My 16 year old and 13 year old sons both have cell phones and they do not have jobs........daddy foots the bill. I would say that's the case for many of the athletes. Whether or not my boys will go to college on any kind of scholarship remains to be seen, however i will do my best make sure they have the amenities that they will need, cell phone, car, etc........

  • Author
My 16 year old and 13 year old sons both have cell phones and they do not have jobs........daddy foots the bill. I would say that's the case for many of the athletes. Whether or not my boys will go to college on any kind of scholarship remains to be seen, however i will do my best make sure they have the amenities that they will need, cell phone, car, etc........

 

Great for you. I would say a percentage of these kids don't have parents thats can afford these things.

 

 

By the way...

I just find it very funny that some complain about "the poor college athlete" who has no money. Some how they have cell phones & tattoos that I can't even afford (disclaimer...IF I was to get a tattoo).

Michael Beasley carries 4 cell phones. Blackberry ,Sidekick, IPhone, and something else I forget.

 

You're joking right..

You're joking right..

 

Not a joke at all. He was just on Jim Rome show, talking on his Blackberry. Rome asked him about different phones he likes. He said the I-phone is his favorite by far. But he carries 4 phones.

 

He collects them.

Not a joke at all. He was just on Jim Rome show, talking on his Blackberry. Rome asked him about different phones he likes. He said the I-phone is his favorite by far. But he carries 4 phones.

 

He collects them.

 

Wow thats a tad bit ridiculous... But I'm way jealous.

Michael Beasley carries 4 cell phones. Blackberry ,Sidekick, IPhone, and something else I forget.

 

I dont see why anyone would need four phones.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.