Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Tattoos & cell phones

Featured Replies

I dont see why anyone would need four phones.

 

He might have four girlfriends. :D

  • Replies 38
  • Views 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

D1 college athletes with a full ride probably get as much or more money as a lot of people with minimum wage part time jobs. They are given money on the weekends for food and such in addition to the money put on their food cards. I believe they also have a stipend for the semester. As some have stated, the ones who are bound to make some big money in the league after college probably take out a few loans to be able to have what they want as well. The poor college athlete....

While I was at UK, just about every football or basketball player I saw had a Sidekick, and those are not the type of phones you could get free with a plan. I'm sure now many of them have the Iphone.

If you think about it, the kids get tons of athletic clothing, which is about all they wear, for free. When they are with the team, everywhere they go, everything they do, everything they eat, just everything is paid for by the university, not their scholarships. Think about how much of their time is with the team, and that's a lot of their time that is paid for. So the money they do get back in their pockets goes a long way when you don't have any expenses.

But the 4 phones, that's just stupid and inconvenient for him to have all of that weighing his pockets down.

  • Author
He might have four girlfriends. :D

 

Nice :lol::lol::lol::lol:

College athletes get absolutely anything they want anytime they want, money isn't an issue for them.

These are perfect pics for this thread. And this might make me sound dumb, but who are these 2 players?

Andre McGee and Twill from UofL. I'm not trying to put them in a negative light, but they definitely do provide good examples.

I don't know if this has ever been discussed on here but I think about it every time that I watch an NCAA (more so basketball & football) game.

With most of these athletes have little or no money. How is it possible that they have cell phones and tattoos? Aren't these items expensive?!!!

 

Great for you. I would say a percentage of these kids don't have parents thats can afford these things.

 

 

By the way...

I just find it very funny that some complain about "the poor college athlete" who has no money. Some how they have cell phones & tattoos that I can't even afford (disclaimer...IF I was to get a tattoo).

 

I don't see the point you are making here at all, especially with the cell phones. Just about every kid in America today has a cell phone now. Actually the kids who get cell phones keep even getting younger and younger. So its just not college athletes who has cell phones, but just about everyone in America especially today's youth has cell phones. As for the tattoos, usually most of these athletes already have tattoos before they even get to college. I know when they are freshman you already see them with their tattoos. You hardly ever see a freshman athlete come in with none, and then all of a sudden start getting a lot. Most of them you usually see on tv, already have them before they even came to college.

 

So I don't see the point you are making here at all, atleast with the cell phones and tattoos, because most of them have this stuff before they even go to college now a days.

He might have four girlfriends. :D

 

Or 4 Agents.:D

And now for multiple phones and even more tattoos...

 

n38305702_33100154_7668.jpg

 

Besides being from UofL (yikes)...I love athletes with mass tattoos. Anyone else?

Andre McGee and Twill from UofL. I'm not trying to put them in a negative light, but they definitely do provide good examples.

 

You don't have to T-Will does that all on his own. :lol:

Besides being from UofL (yikes)...I love athletes with mass tattoos. Anyone else?

 

I personally think it looks ridiculous but to each his own.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.