Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Do you grow more attached...

Featured Replies

To a team such as this UK team? I think I have, the adversity they have faced with multiple injuries, a depleted lineup, and a brand new coach have made me grow really attached to this team. More so than a lot of the teams in the past. Especially since so many people wrote them off earlier in the season and I've stayed on the ship defending them against the naysayers. What are the thoughts from BGP land? Also, I'm sure some non UK fans can relate to this as well. Not meant as a slight, but with the state that UC was in, GT do you fill you have grown more attached to some of the recent UC teams as opposed to some of their more successful teams?

I have more respect for Crawford and Bradley than I ever have before.

 

Crawford is showing the heart that he never had before. It actually looks like he wants to win.

Crawford is showing the heart that he never had before. It actually looks like he wants to win.

 

Has Billy gotten something out of him that Tubby never could?

Not meant as a slight, but with the state that UC was in, GT do you fill you have grown more attached to some of the recent UC teams as opposed to some of their more successful teams?

 

No doubt. I'm sure it doesn't hurt that their arrival was at the same time I really started covering the team this closely. I'm really going to miss this group of SRs for what they did to save the program...

I'm glad they have finally started playing like we all knew they were capable of. It really shut up a lot of the ppl around KY that are "so called fans". The ones that only want to support when things are going well.

Has Billy gotten something out of him that Tubby never could?

 

Not to keep the Tubby thing going but I have always said:

"Billy G is a better motivator than Tubby, but Tubby is better at in-game and pre-game strategy"

 

So I will agree with you on this issue/idea :thumb:

I have more respect for Crawford and Bradley than I ever have before.

 

Crawford is showing the heart that he never had before. It actually looks like he wants to win.

 

:thumb:

 

They are becoming fun to watch!

Not to keep the Tubby thing going but I have always said:

"Billy G is a better motivator than Tubby, but Tubby is better at in-game and pre-game strategy"

 

So I will agree with you on this issue/idea :thumb:

 

In game maybe but pre game would be hard to back up. I think what we are about to see the next couple of weeks will justify my opinion. I feel like we will stay in every game we play from here on out just because the coach and his preperation.

I have to admit when Meeks and Jasper were out at the beginning of the year I didn't think this team could win 10 games this year. They have proved me wrong and I think BCG has got through to all of the players and they have over achieved for the talent that they have so YES I have grown attached to this team.

I have to admit when Meeks and Jasper were out at the beginning of the year I didn't think this team could win 10 games this year. They have proved me wrong and I think BCG has got through to all of the players and they have over achieved for the talent that they have so YES I have grown attached to this team.

 

I agree totally. It seems that when something happens to one of our "go to" guys, like Meeks, Jasper, now Patterson, that someone else steps up to take charge. These young men have got it into their head that they will not be denied. Not injuries nor bad games seem to be able to keep them down. I believe that it is a combination of believing in the coach and Senior leadership.

 

They may not be the most talented or winningest team that has graced the floor at Rupp arena, but I believe that they may have the most heart and moxy of any wildcat club in recent years. They seem to thrive on having their backs against the wall and being told that they should just give up.

 

When they do make it to the Dance (not if, but WHEN, IMO.) They most certainly will be a lower seed, and people will think they will be "1 and done", but they very well may surprise a few teams with their "never say die" attitude.

I definitely have grown very fond of this team. I have always been a huge Ramel fan though, so I was bound to be big on this group as Seniors. I think the Seniors always make a difference in how you feel about a team. You have the guys everybody loves like The Unforgettables; Erik, Gerald, and Cliff; Chuck; and of course these two guys have really gained a lot of fans with their performances this year.

I have always been a mild UK fan but not like any of the true blues around the state.

 

This team has really gotten me to care for UK's team more then I have cared for a team before (probably even more then the Bengals)

 

And my favorite thing about this team is the future it holds.

 

Joe C and Ramel have showed the other players how to lead. This doesn't show up in the statbook but it is going to be so critical to future success.

BGC has converted me to a believer, and I even believe that he has changed a bit. I just love his style, because I can't stand watching bad basketball, and he is teaching the team to take only good shots.

Patrick Patterson has put the teams on his shoulder when he needed to, I love seeing a big guy take over like that.

Derrick Jasper is one of my favorite players to watch ever. He plays the game so perfectly, rarely ever makes a mistake. I love watching him play, and can't wait to see him completely healthy.

Jodie Meeks may be the most talented player on this team when healthy. I think he has the ability to take over a game, and watching the seniors this year will only enhance that ability.

Perry Stevenson, I believe, is going to come back with that 12 footer from the free throw line perfected next year, and he can be a major contributor next year.

Even Ramon Harris has shown flashes of brilliance since PP's injury. Being Alaska's player of the year, I think he developed an ability to take over a game with his combination of size, strength, and speed. If he can manage to not disappear for stretches in a game, he will be a solid player.

It's been a rocky team, but you can definitely tell this team has never given up on each other. When PP they could've just "showed up to the game", but they didn't. They went in to compete and expecting to be able to compete and win even without him. This team has earned alot of respect from people this year.

 

One thing is for sure, IFFF UK makes the NCAA tourney, no matter what their seed, noone will be happy to draw them.

As Jimmy Dykes pointed out last night, UK had a lot of opportunities this season to waive the white flag. Two terrible OOC losses, injuries, starting a couple games down in conference, blow out at Vandy... but they have fought to a legit bubble team.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.