Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Do you grow more attached...

Featured Replies

It took awhile and Joe and Bradley finally bought into Billy Clydes way of playing and it has now paid off, I just hope not to late. I have grown to like this team and I also have defended them all year. This team has really matured over the past two months and I just hope they can close out Sunday with a huge win in Lexington. GO CAT'S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! JD

I have always been a mild UK fan but not like any of the true blues around the state.

 

This team has really gotten me to care for UK's team more then I have cared for a team before (probably even more then the Bengals)

 

And my favorite thing about this team is the future it holds.

 

Joe C and Ramel have showed the other players how to lead. This doesn't show up in the statbook but it is going to be so critical to future success.

BGC has converted me to a believer, and I even believe that he has changed a bit. I just love his style, because I can't stand watching bad basketball, and he is teaching the team to take only good shots.

Patrick Patterson has put the teams on his shoulder when he needed to, I love seeing a big guy take over like that.

Derrick Jasper is one of my favorite players to watch ever. He plays the game so perfectly, rarely ever makes a mistake. I love watching him play, and can't wait to see him completely healthy.

Jodie Meeks may be the most talented player on this team when healthy. I think he has the ability to take over a game, and watching the seniors this year will only enhance that ability.

Perry Stevenson, I believe, is going to come back with that 12 footer from the free throw line perfected next year, and he can be a major contributor next year.

Even Ramon Harris has shown flashes of brilliance since PP's injury. Being Alaska's player of the year, I think he developed an ability to take over a game with his combination of size, strength, and speed. If he can manage to not disappear for stretches in a game, he will be a solid player.

 

:thumb:I agree with everything you said, except for the fact I am one of the "true blues" around the state that you spoke of!

Joe and Ramel will be missed ALOT next season.

 

I remember at the begining of the year there were many on here that couldn't wait for Joe and Ramel to leave. Now they are true leaders and have become outstanding basketball players. As one UL fan that doesn't want to give BCG any credit for this and saying they realize this is it and have stepped up on their own I would have to disagree. Ramel has always given effort and now is playing much smarter, Joe had to sit out alot of the pre conference minutes because he wasn't giving the effort required now that he's on the same page with coach he is playing like we all expected when he came here. Joe owes BCG alot of thanks for turning him around. Yes I look forward to watching this team go out and compete every game.:thumb:

This is going to be a season that I will never forget! This is the first year that I got season tickets and I have been there for the lows of Gardner Webb to the highs of beating Vandy in double OT! The team that we are watching now is a completely different bunch of guys that started out the season. They have bought in to everything Gillespie has brought to the table. I will admit, early on, I had my doubts about Gillespie. He is winning me over more and more each game though, and showing that he is the right man for the job! I have met Joe and Ramel numerous times in Lexington and both go out of their way to meet fans. People often forget that these guys may be basketball players, but they are also your normal, 18-22 year old college kids. Most people don't realize what the turning point was in this season. It was against Louisville, when Ramel was called for the intentional foul on Padget. That Williams kid from Louisville came up to shove Bradley after the foul and Joe Crawford stepped up and had Bradley's back. From then on, the whole team has showed the type of toughness that Gillespie has wanted! :thumb:

I'm not sure why but I just can't seem to get all warm and fuzzy about this team or Gillispie. I have always liked Joe Crawford and I'm happy to see him finally get the recognition he deserves. I'm glad to see the sophomore class step up (minus Meek's injury). I guess that without Joe and Ramel I don't have the optimism for the future that some of you all seem to have.

Joe and Ramel will be missed ALOT next season.

 

Never thought I'd agree with any statement about missing Joe Crawford...:thumb:

 

I've really grown to appreciate this UK squad. I love teams that leave it on the court and this group has done that...I love their grit and effort. They aren't a great team by any means, but they've been a treat to watch for me. If Gillispie goes on to have the success at UK that I expect, I think this group deserves some credit for laying the ground work when it comes to buying into his system, putting in the work and giving the effort...if Billy G's future teams play with the heart and effort of this group and he can recruit well, we'll be back in the elite sooner rather than later, IMO.

They are exuding the toughness of their head Coach, Billy G. The way Ramel and Joe have matured this year makes me wish they had one more year of eligibility. Perry has gotten better and I can see the confidence back in Derrick Jasper. I will be so glad for his sake next year, when he and Jodie are 100% healthy. Perry Stevenson has shown flashes, as has Ramon and A.J.

This is my favorite team since Bogans's SR year. That team came together at Vandy and put two bed two seasons of internal turmoil. They caught fire and the Hayes-Daniels Hi-Low set was a thing of beauty. This year's team is just plays hard, and that is all you can ask.

This is my favorite team since Bogans's SR year. That team came together at Vandy and put two bed two seasons of internal turmoil. They caught fire and the Hayes-Daniels Hi-Low set was a thing of beauty. This year's team is just plays hard, and that is all you can ask.

 

Hayes to Daniels and vice versa was great times.

I have always been a mild UK fan but not like any of the true blues around the state.

 

This team has really gotten me to care for UK's team more then I have cared for a team before (probably even more then the Bengals)

 

And my favorite thing about this team is the future it holds.

 

Joe C and Ramel have showed the other players how to lead. This doesn't show up in the statbook but it is going to be so critical to future success.

BGC has converted me to a believer, and I even believe that he has changed a bit. I just love his style, because I can't stand watching bad basketball, and he is teaching the team to take only good shots.

Patrick Patterson has put the teams on his shoulder when he needed to, I love seeing a big guy take over like that.

Derrick Jasper is one of my favorite players to watch ever. He plays the game so perfectly, rarely ever makes a mistake. I love watching him play, and can't wait to see him completely healthy.

Jodie Meeks may be the most talented player on this team when healthy. I think he has the ability to take over a game, and watching the seniors this year will only enhance that ability.

Perry Stevenson, I believe, is going to come back with that 12 footer from the free throw line perfected next year, and he can be a major contributor next year.

Even Ramon Harris has shown flashes of brilliance since PP's injury. Being Alaska's player of the year, I think he developed an ability to take over a game with his combination of size, strength, and speed. If he can manage to not disappear for stretches in a game, he will be a solid player.

 

That would be amazing if Stevenson found a way to perfect a 12 footer from the free throw line. Heck it would be amazing for anybody :laugh:

That would be amazing if Stevenson found a way to perfect a 12 footer from the free throw line. Heck it would be amazing for anybody :laugh:

 

Cut me some slack, look what time I made that post. :lol: I was exhausted and not thinking

Not to keep the Tubby thing going but I have always said:

"Billy G is a better motivator than Tubby, but Tubby is better at in-game and pre-game strategy"

 

So I will agree with you on this issue/idea :thumb:

 

Agree 100% and Crawford and Bradley seem to play hard under Billy.

Agree 100% and Crawford and Bradley seem to play hard under Billy.

 

I agree, they seem to enjoy it more. I was surprised and never thought Bradley would turn on like he did. I always thought that Tubby's style wasn't a good fit for Crawford. Crawford has a little more freedom and movement in Billy G's offense. Both are put into situation that seem more comfortable and prefered to them rather than a situation that suits the coach.:D

Has Billy gotten something out of him that Tubby never could?

 

uh....Yeah.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.