March 5, 200818 yr I might be a homer, but I don't think there is another player in the SEC that has been a bigger part of a teams success then "Smooth". What do you all think?
March 5, 200818 yr He (probably) won't win it, but you won't hear me say that he doesn't deserve to be in the discussion.
March 5, 200818 yr He (probably) won't win it, but you won't hear me say that he doesn't deserve to be in the discussion. :thumb: I can't see him having a real shot at it either, but he deserves any mention or consideration he gets. If it was an MVP award, he'd definitely get some serious consideration...
March 5, 200818 yr It will probably be Shan Foster, right? He is leading the SEC in scoring. Although you could make the argument for Hendrix out of Alabama. 18 ppg and 9.9 rpg, on 60% shooting and 2 blocks a game as well.
March 5, 200818 yr It will probably be Shan Foster, right? He is leading the SEC in scoring. Although you could make the argument for Hendrix out of Alabama. 18 ppg and 9.9 rpg, on 60% shooting and 2 blocks a game as well. Hendrix missed a few games, didn't he? But you are correct he has had a great year.
March 5, 200818 yr 19.3 points 3.1 boards 5.1 assists and 3.3 steals a game is pretty darn good... 13-15 isn't...just like 16-11 isn't good enough for Bradley to get real mention.
March 5, 200818 yr Author Let's say UK wins out in the SEC. They would have the third best record in the league, and noone on a team ahead of UK deserves it more. I would have to look at conference records instead of overall for SEC awards.
March 5, 200818 yr Ramel should be considered, but as Bigblueinsanity said, he should be 1st team All SEC.
March 5, 200818 yr Hendrix missed a few games, didn't he? But you are correct he has had a great year. I don't think so, he has played in 28 games this year. I will concede that he has cooled down in SEC play, which is where the award comes from.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.