Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Highlands v Covcath (9th region 1st round)

Who wins? 151 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

  • Author
True, But at the same time when you lose you Sr leader, Starting PG for 2 years and have to leave the team in a first year starter's hands. It makes a difference. No Bondick does not score 30 or take over the game but he controls the floor and the rest of the team better than any other player can.

 

Senior leadership is so important in HS and College basketball.

 

Agree but the same was said and used as the reason for CCH first loss to Holmes and then they lost to Holmes again WITH Bondick in the lineup.

 

It will be a great game, But I don't see Mcgraw and Simpson being denied a shot at the region finals. Highlands is just the better team this year.

  • Replies 77
  • Views 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I already gave my thoughts. Bondick back for CCH wont make this any closer or different IMO. He is much needed but it will be an OT game and a Bird victory because Nic and Greg will not be denied. All those hours spent this past summer and Fall working on their game alone in the gym was for one thing and that was a 9th Region Championship. See you at the games boys.

 

I think a lot of folks are forgetting that this game was moved back a day because of the death of Coach Sorrell Daughter. If you had know how much this young lady was liked by the players and coaches and knew how well these young men knew her, then you just might understand how emotionally drained the players were for that game. Gametime had Coach L on his show and they talked about it. BTW great interview Gametime!

I just don't know if there are enough officers in Boone Co to handle this game.

No Simpson was out. McGraw lit up CCH for 15 first half points the 1st meeting. I think Kowolonek had a good game as well. He made the game winner.

 

I expect a battle that will go to Overtime and free throws will win it as I see McGraw hitting 4 FT's in OT to give the Birds the victory by 2pts 54 to 52.

 

Simpson did play. The first game that he missed was the Boone County game. Simpson and McGraw both played in the Cov Cath game.

The majority has Highlands winning. Except for the one point win over CovCath (yes, without Bondick), what is the signature win for Highlands to base this on? Help me out Bluebirds.:confused:

 

It's a close vote as it should be. What's CCH's signature win that you base yours on?

You are certainly forgiven. You were listening to the Cov. Cath. Network and I can completely understand why you were'nt sure if Simpson was playing or not.:D

 

I know this post is probably good natured, but Mark and Elf provide a great service to those who can't make it to the game. It's obvious many take advantage of this by the number of comments on BGP about the broadcasts. Again, they are CovCath announcers on the CovCath Radio Network. They make no secret of who they are pulling for in the games and do get excited during big plays in the games. I listen to the games and thank them when I see them for the time and effort they give to high school sports.

I know this post is probably good natured, but Mark and Elf provide a great service to those who can't make it to the game. It's obvious many take advantage of this by the number of comments on BGP about the broadcasts. Again, they are CovCath announcers on the CovCath Radio Network. They make no secret of who they are pulling for in the games and do get excited during big plays in the games. I listen to the games and thank them when I see them for the time and effort they give to high school sports.

 

Of course it was good natured, I'm a Highlands fan for crying out loud.:D

I know this post is probably good natured, but Mark and Elf provide a great service to those who can't make it to the game. It's obvious many take advantage of this by the number of comments on BGP about the broadcasts. Again, they are CovCath announcers on the CovCath Radio Network. They make no secret of who they are pulling for in the games and do get excited during big plays in the games. I listen to the games and thank them when I see them for the time and effort they give to high school sports.

 

I'm not really sure what the issue is with the broadcast. I'll be listening online Wednesday night . Its always a good broadcast unless you're sensitive to CCH .

It's a close vote as it should be. What's CCH's signature win that you base yours on?

 

LexCath, Elliott County.

 

HHS' would be CCH.

I'm not really sure what the issue is with the broadcast. I'll be listening online Wednesday night . Its always a good broadcast unless you're sensitive to CCH .

 

 

...and what good Highlands fan isn't??? :lol:

I know this post is probably good natured, but Mark and Elf provide a great service to those who can't make it to the game. It's obvious many take advantage of this by the number of comments on BGP about the broadcasts. Again, they are CovCath announcers on the CovCath Radio Network. They make no secret of who they are pulling for in the games and do get excited during big plays in the games. I listen to the games and thank them when I see them for the time and effort they give to high school sports.

 

 

You said it :thumb:

Should be a great game. Down to the wire. Cov. Cath. by a paper thin margin. And, if it goes to marbles... I'll take the Colonels again. Their ability to knuckle down and cabbage the tolley is unrivaled.

CCH by 7 Upset in 2nd round by whomever wins the other game...

Will this game be broadcast on the internet?

Will this game be broadcast on the internet?

 

Wow, it has been 2 minutes and I am surprised that the Old Guy hasn't answered yet, he is usually quick to jump on these.

 

It will be here

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.