February 26, 200818 yr Not college basketball players but I really don't like Carmelo Anthony or Tony Romo.
February 26, 200818 yr :ylsuper: If we did the all time most hated NCAA players, he would be at the top of the list. :thumb: Laettener along with fellow Dukies "Wo Jo" and J.J. Reddick would be amoung my all time list along with J. Noah (Fla.). Those are certainly not all on my all time list but they certainly are a good start.
February 26, 200818 yr 3 of those losses were when they were without Padgett and a 4th was his first game back. That fact aside he's playing his best basketball right now. On the season: He's second in rebounding per game, .3 behind Clark. Leads the team in scoring per game by .1 over Padgett, and is averaging 4.6 assists which is more than double the next closest player. He's getting it done and those losses can't be placed on his head. Last year was a different story but this year I've been fine with his misses, for the most part they have been good shots. T-Will has more than reined in his game this year as compared to last year. His FG% is not very good (42.2%), but that's almost six percentage points better than last year. His shot selection behind the arc has been much better as well (34% to 26). Plus, he's second in rebounds on the team at 7.7 per game, and he's dishing out a team-best 4.6 assists per game. I can live with that. I just want a legitimate reason to dispute this: Louisville has not lost a game in which T'Will has attempted less than 10 shots. In games in which he has attempted more than 10 shots UL is an NIT team at 11-6....... We need a legitimate agrument or stay home. The other stats are irrelevant, if he shoots more than 10 times UL is only average, agrue that--intelligently.
February 26, 200818 yr T-Will has more than reined in his game this year as compared to last year. His FG% is not very good (42.2%), but that's almost six percentage points better than last year. His shot selection behind the arc has been much better as well (34% to 26). Plus, he's second in rebounds on the team at 7.7 per game, and he's dishing out a team-best 4.6 assists per game. I can live with that. If this keeps up at his current pace he will shoot you into the NIT. Dispute my stats accurately, I dare you. I really like UL, they are however, a better team when T-Will shoots less. The facts are indisputable.
February 26, 200818 yr If this keeps up at his current pace he will shoot you into the NIT. Dispute my stats accurately, I dare you. I really like UL, they are however, a better team when T-Will shoots less. The facts are indisputable. He would have to completely revert back to last year's performance — and perhaps even worse — for Louisville to miss the tournament. And you can't view the rebounds and assists as irrelevant; T-Will isn't a one-dimensional player. He and Padgett are the two biggest reasons Louisville is sitting where they are right now: As the hottest team in the country and a legit FF threat.
February 26, 200818 yr I just want a legitimate reason to dispute this: Louisville has not lost a game in which T'Will has attempted less than 10 shots. In games in which he has attempted more than 10 shots UL is an NIT team at 11-6....... We need a legitimate agrument or stay home. The other stats are irrelevant, if he shoots more than 10 times UL is only average, agrue that--intelligently. Total package: He brings far more to the table than he takes away. I'll take a bad shot here and there in exchange for the high level he's performed at this year. I can assure you I won't be counting how many times he shoots it during any game the rest of the year. I'm more concerned with how many times Palacios shoots it — that would probably be a bigger indicator than thrashing a guy whose team is still winning 2/3 of the games in which he is committing the alleged team-killing sin. Again, I'll take my chances going forward. The future's very bright.
February 26, 200818 yr If so, I bet they aren't talking about it 16 years after the fact.:lol: But enough about that. So Washington doesn't get on anybody else's nerves? You obviously haven't talked to any Tar Heel fans down here in this area. They bring him up constantly with a curse between their lips.
February 26, 200818 yr I just want a legitimate reason to dispute this: Louisville has not lost a game in which T'Will has attempted less than 10 shots. In games in which he has attempted more than 10 shots UL is an NIT team at 11-6....... We need a legitimate agrument or stay home. The other stats are irrelevant, if he shoots more than 10 times UL is only average, agrue that--intelligently. You can prove correlation but not causation. Like I said earlier, Padgett was in main factor in 4 of those losses and Williams is still helping this team much more than hurting them whether or not he takes 10 shots so it's fine with me. Not to mention UofL could lose the rest of their games this season and they still wouldn't be in the NIT.
February 28, 200818 yr Oh I agree he has played better. It just makes me sick as talented as he his.... I can't stand the way he plays. He's very "one on one". Thats just the style of ball he plays. FWIW I don't like it sometimes either, but its produced some good results in conference play.
February 28, 200818 yr I agree with this for the most part. I don't really see what system everyone is talking about. I see a really bad basketball team that has 3 good players. They have no choice but to play selfishly imo and therefore their stats are going up. I don't really see that as a product of Billy G. The product of Billy G is the intensity level. For the last 3 years Crawford (the most blatant example) has been chastised for being lazy and not giving enough effort. Especially since conference play has started, he has been 110% heart.
February 28, 200818 yr I'm guessing most of you guys aren't naming this guy cause you don't know who he is right? :lol: Washington is a freak athlete, I don't have any problem watching him play.
February 29, 200818 yr If this keeps up at his current pace he will shoot you into the NIT. Dispute my stats accurately, I dare you. I really like UL, they are however, a better team when T-Will shoots less. The facts are indisputable. How about now? 10 shots and a victory over a top 20 team...
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.