Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NFL Scouting Combine

Featured Replies

Mendenhall is the best back in the draft, Run DMC is the best athlete. I think that 40 time by Run DMC is only making JJ more anxious to pull the trigger on a Ricky Williams type trade.

  • Replies 88
  • Views 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mendenhall is the best back in the draft, Run DMC is the best athlete. I think that 40 time by Run DMC is only making JJ more anxious to pull the trigger on a Ricky Williams type trade.

 

Parcells would love to get out of the #1 spot but nobody wants it. I think it's going to be interesting to see how Felix Jones turns out compared to Run DMC. Isn't it funny how nobody talks about Steve Slayton. Going into this season I thought the heisman would be between him and McFadden. Slaytons stock has really dropped along with Mike Hart.

Hart and Manningham have had an awful workout! I still think Manningham can play but his 40 was a MAJOR disappointment. I knew heart wasn't that fast but his time was bad too.

Let me preface this by saying I am not dissing Brohm; I know RockPride will have an opinion and I don't want this to turn into an arguement.

 

According to everything I heard on the combine, Brohm didn't seperate himself from the pack, as expected considering Ryan wasn't throwing. Some of the scouts now have Henne and Flacco on par with or just behind Brohm now as opposed to where Brohm and Ryan were a few months ago. Did the combine prove that this draft class is deeper at QB than we thought, or did the combine show us the opposite and prove that the top of the draft at QB just is not very good?

How useful are the talking heads narrating the NFL combine? Not.

 

I laughed out loud when they claimed that Brohm didn't play as well as a Senior without Petrino. Flat wrong. Playing in a different system that abandoned Petrino's power run philosophy, Brohm had a great year by every statistical measurement but W/L... and not one L was Brohm's fault.

FWIW, I think DMC is more of a 15 or 20 touches a game kinda guy while Stewart is a 20 to 25 carry type of guy. To me Stewart looks like the best bet for a workhorse back in this draft... JMO...

Does anyone know if Sean Sester (OL from Purdue, who also went to Highlands) has been at this combine?

^ He was not there.

When is UK's pro day, I would assume Woodson would do all the workouts then right?

It's in early April I believe. I am sure Andre would intend to do everything there. If not, he will struggle to get drafted high.

It's in early April I believe. I am sure Andre would intend to do everything there. If not, he will struggle to get drafted high.

 

I guess if he show's out there he could sneak into the bottom of the 1st MAYBE and hopefully get back to the top of the 2nd...

Woodyard has looked very good in all drills that I have seen so far today. He ran the fastest 40 time (unofficial) for a LB at 4.49 and the commentators are just raving about him.

On a different note, Tavares Gooden from the U. has fallen twice in drills and Ali Highsmith from LSU has looked less than stellar.

^ Ryan won the big game against VPI, that's essentially what started this whole madness. U of L being 6-6 and gone from national exposure is what turned the media's opinions. Brian is way better than Ryan, IMO.

 

You know I watched that game and he was awful until 5 minutes left in the ball game. At that point he already had 2 INTs. Then he went on to throw 2 TDS.

I think it is amazing with Keenan's injury to already come back and run a 4.43 40 yard dash and have a 39 inch vertical jump.

 

Which Ive known he could jump. When he was a freshman we played a lot of pickup bball games together. Hes a tremendous athlete.

Also, from all I have heard Johnson, Woodyard, and Tamme have really helped themselves.

Woodyard was a freak today....weird for me, but I was stoked watching him workout....WOWZER...that said UK has had an OK combine...Woodyard, Tamme, Burton, all impressed....Johnson was OK....Little and Woodson were disappointments...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.