February 22, 200818 yr Even though I am a UK fan I know they have little to no chance of making the Ncaa for the first time in 12 years (that may be wrong feel free to correct me), However what is the chance of them WINNING the NIT?
February 22, 200818 yr Even though I am a UK fan I know they have little to no chance of making the Ncaa for the first time in 12 years (that may be wrong feel free to correct me), However what is the chance of them WINNING the NIT? Never thought I would ever here this... but to answer your question they would probably have a great shot if they get a favorable bracket. The NCAA would love to have UK win the NIT.
February 22, 200818 yr Even though I am a UK fan I know they have little to no chance of making the Ncaa for the first time in 12 years (that may be wrong feel free to correct me), However what is the chance of them WINNING the NIT? It would be the first time since 1991.
February 22, 200818 yr Even though I am a UK fan I know they have little to no chance of making the Ncaa for the first time in 12 years (that may be wrong feel free to correct me), However what is the chance of them WINNING the NIT? First time since 1991, if it happens. 16 straight seasons. Would be 17 if they make it.
February 22, 200818 yr They have 5 games left, they need to go 4-1 and then win one game in the SEC tournament and they are in. If that happens, I will gladly eat a VERY large bowl of crow. It would truly be an amazing accomplishment for this group.
February 22, 200818 yr It would be the first time since 1991. And you could go further to say it would be the first time since 1989 that they failed to make it when eligible to do so. 1990 and '91 were part of the probation. The '91 team would have easily made the NCAA since they won the regular season of the SEC and defeated Kansas handily while going 22-6. That team lost a close one at Chapel Hill (NCAA Final 4 that year) and a good one at Bloomington to a good IU squad. Kansas finished as National Runners-up to Duke that season. The '90 team might have received an invite at 14-14 but not likely. UK has only missed the NCAA twice since 1975 (1979 when only 2 teams per conference could go) when they were eligible to go.
February 22, 200818 yr I do think they will get in, but it will be close. Now we all know what happens in these last few games goes along way to whether the NCAA invites us to go dancing:dancingpa. Now, if we win our homes games than I think we are in pretty good shape, but we may need to win a game at the SEC Tourney as well! I know it is a great deal of IF's in the scenario. However, UK is undefeated at home against the SEC!
February 22, 200818 yr No SEC team that went 10-6 has even been left out of the NCAA. Now if UK goes 10-6 they don't deserve it but if they go 12-4 even if they lose their first SEC tournament game (which would be in the 2nd round probably) how could a 12 win SEC team be left out?
February 22, 200818 yr No SEC team that went 10-6 has even been left out of the NCAA. Now if UK goes 10-6 they don't deserve it but if they go 12-4 even if they lose their first SEC tournament game (which would be in the 2nd round probably) how could a 12 win SEC team be left out? By also losing to Gardner Webb and San Diego at home. If they get to 12-4 and don't win a game in the SEC Tournament, it will be interesting to see how the committee weighs the good against the bad...
February 22, 200818 yr By also losing to Gardner Webb and San Diego at home. If they get to 12-4 and don't win a game in the SEC Tournament, it will be interesting to see how the committee weighs the good against the bad... GT, did I hear someone say that Mick said he wouldn't accept an NIT bid?
February 22, 200818 yr GT, did I hear someone say that Mick said he wouldn't accept an NIT bid? No...
February 22, 200818 yr By also losing to Gardner Webb and San Diego at home. If they get to 12-4 and don't win a game in the SEC Tournament, it will be interesting to see how the committee weighs the good against the bad... I think they'd still get in, but thats RIGHT on the edge IMO. 12-4, and 1 SECT win puts them in for sure I think. 10-6 means they need to win the SECT. 11-5 and they'd need to get to (not necessarily win) the SEC championship game.
February 22, 200818 yr Gametime, these losses happen 20 games ago and they are playing much better now. I say if they win 4 of 5 and one game in SEC they will make the tournament. If not we go to the NIT where they will make the NCAA happy with sell out crowd's at RUPP. JD
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.