Memphis-Tennessee Prediction 2/23/08

sumoroyal

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Memphis has been playing close lately and I think it will come down to free throws and MEmphis is horrible at those so I will take Tennessee by 5.

Memphis is shooting 59% on their free throws. Tennessee is shooting 64% on their free throws. Both teams are bad from the line. They'd have to shoot 100 freethrows apiece to give UT a 5 point advantage if they shoot their percentages. I think the home court is the deciding factor.

I think Tennessee wins this one. Memphis has been struggled to pull out W's lately against their conference USA foes and are horrible from the free throw line.

Memphis hasn't seen a team as athletic as Tennessee and with as many scoring options as Tennessee either.

Tennessee by 5-10.

If Tennessee wins, would they be No. 1 when the new polls comes out next Monday? If so and if UT keep on winning till the Cats played them agiain only this time it will be in Knoxville. A great opportunity for the Cats to take down the No.1 team.Now I know I'm thinking way ahead of myself,but I'm a fan so I can do this.Back to the prediction I say Tennessee wins by four 81-77.GO VOLS,now what did I just do.Ok,:eek: I'm a UT fan for this game only.:D

It is home court advantage in City only. Memphis may be playing at the Fed. Ex. forum, but there will be a hefty Tenn. crowd, and I would expect there to be SEC refs. Dorsey will pick up two quick fouls on the tip ball, and it will go downhill from there for Memphis. Lofton will have a career night like he did last year...and nobody will win (I can't pick Tennessee!).

I would rather Memphis lose in league, but a loss to the no. 1 RPI team won't kill them. The Patriots showed that going undefeated is too much pressure for any team these days.

I normally would be pulling for the SEC team in a matchup like this but this is the disgusting orange Rotten Flop that we are talking about :D. I can't stand Memphis either so I am completely neutral in this one. Should be a great game and I hope that it is.

Memphis 81

Tennessee 73

I normally would be pulling for the SEC team in a matchup like this but this is the disgusting orange Rotten Flop that we are talking about :D. I can't stand Memphis either so I am completely neutral in this one. Should be a great game and I hope that it is.

Memphis 81

Tennessee 73

:dancingpa:thumb: