February 17, 200818 yr Porchetta braised-until-melting pork shoulder with peppers, carrots, and onions on a stout roll to soak up the profligate juices. Cuban Meat Sandwich marinated, slow-cooked pork ganged into a baguette slathered with garlicky mayonnaise, then mounded again with cilantro, jalapeños, and fat O’s of caramelized onions. Bánh Mì fried chicken, bacon, cheddar, gravy, and an over-easy egg on a cream-top buttermilk biscuit still hot from the outdoor oven. Trailer Park Monte Cristo Dip a peanut-butter-and-jelly sandwich in pancake batter, dunk it in a deep fryer, and dust it with powdered sugar. Cochon de Lait Po’Boy twelve-hour-hickory-roasted suckling pig, topped with creamy Cajun mustard slaw Torta de Milanesa thinly sliced beef on bread from the 122-year-old Gonella bakery, enhanced by giardiniera, a fermented vegetable relish made with hot peppers and celery. Jibarito bread, mayo, meat, iceberg lettuce, tomato. But the “bread” is actually twice-fried green plantains (sliced and pressed into rectangles and brushed with garlic and oil), and the meat is traditional Latino (slow-cooked pork; chopped skin-on fried chicken http://www.esquire.com/features/food-drink/sandwiches ***There is A LOT more info at the link with more sandwiches and it gives the location as to where you can find each one. I know we have quite a few expert diners on the board, everyone can chip in with their opinion. :thumb:
February 17, 200818 yr A Cuban sandwich. Though a real one has no mayo.You're absolutely right. Seattle???? That's like no Cuban I've ever had. I eat a lot of them, too. 1st off, a Cuban is made on Cuban bread, not a baguette. Cuban bread is unique and nothing like a baguette. No mayo and no carmeled onions, either. It's also a pressed sandwich. The sandwich described there doesn't even sound good to me. The bread and the roast pork are the key to a good Cuban sandwich. The best Cubans can be had at the Columbia in Ybor City, Andy's Deli in Oldsmar, almost any little resturant in West Tampa, and there is a little Cuban convenience store on Northdale Blvd that makes the ultimate Cuban, IMHO.
February 17, 200818 yr Fried baloney, lettus, onion, and cheese, with mayo of course, on loaf bread (toasted is optional)...an Eastern Kentucky delight...Yum yum.
February 17, 200818 yr I personaly enjoy fried baloney, a fried egg, a slice of american cheese, and mayo on toast. ( never had it with lettuce ) Another favorite of mine is the rueben.
February 18, 200818 yr Fried baloney, lettus, onion, and cheese, with mayo of course, on loaf bread (toasted is optional)...an Eastern Kentucky delight...Yum yum. :thumb::ylsuper:
February 18, 200818 yr The Trailer Park Monte Cristo sounds great! I can hear the cholesterol backing up in my arteries already!
February 18, 200818 yr there is a little Cuban convenience store on Northdale Blvd that makes the ultimate Cuban, IMHO.If I'm ever down that way, we'll have to get together and have one. I absolutely love Cubans.
February 18, 200818 yr It's just a matter of time before Rockpride gets here and to straighten us out (and make us even hungrier.)
February 18, 200818 yr The Cuban sandwiches that I've eaten in Florida had mustard, no mayo. And they are great. We have to make do to make them at home, we use an iron skillet and flatten the sandwich with another iron skillet while it's cooking.
February 18, 200818 yr The Cuban sandwiches that I've eaten in Florida had mustard, no mayo. And they are great. We have to make do to make them at home, we use an iron skillet and flatten the sandwich with another iron skillet while it's cooking. Bricks wrapped in tin foil work well too
February 18, 200818 yr Fried baloney, lettus, onion, and cheese, with mayo of course, on loaf bread (toasted is optional)...an Eastern Kentucky delight...Yum yum. Hold the mayo and I'm with ya!!
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.