Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Feb. 15, 1994

Featured Replies

THE comeback. Brad Nessler and Larry Conley with the call.

 

 

 

I have that game on tape and have been know to dust it off and watch it now and again. The first 25 minutes looked much like the UK/Vandy game of this past week. UK was totally inept and LSU was , well, ept.

 

The last fifteen minutes was awesome.

With this game long before the internet and with me having no interest in Kentucky basketball since I was living in Jacksonville, FL at the time, I can't recall why I left the game on.

 

Whatever the reason was, I am fairly sure I watched it live and was in shock like everyone else. Just one of those "where were you" moments.

And as I recall, that was Chris Harrison's (of Tollesboro) shining moment at UK!

 

This has to be therapeutic right about now for much of the BGP population.

I will never forget that game or where I was watching it. That was one of the more amazing things I have ever seen live.

Just a great comeback. What else can you say? Most people wouldn't believe me if I told them where I last saw Chris Harrison at...

My junior year at UK and I remember it very vividly. I had a t-shirt that had the final score and something like "The Comeback" written on it. I have no idea what happened to it.

Oh, the good ol' days....

The amazing thing about that comeback to me is that it didn't start immediately after halftime...instead, LSU extended a 16-point halftime lead to 31 in the first 4+ minutes of the second half. And then, like flipping a light switch or something, UK gets red hot.

 

I forgot about Ronnie Henderson and Clarence Caesar...I used to enjoy watching those guys play for LSU.

 

And finally, how ridiculous did Travis Ford look jumping around after he made that final free throw? He looked like Little Mac doing a Super Punch on Mike Tyson's Punchout!

My junior year at UK and I remember it very vividly. I had a t-shirt that had the final score and something like "The Comeback" written on it. I have no idea what happened to it.

 

I had one of those. I think it was a "Jimmy V" fundraiser and had "Don't Give, Don't Ever Give" on the front or back.

 

Have watched this game numerous times over the years and I'm still in awe of how bad Dale Brown blew this one. Thanks for the great memory though Dale!

The amazing thing about that comeback to me is that it didn't start immediately after halftime...instead, LSU extended a 16-point halftime lead to 31 in the first 4+ minutes of the second half. And then, like flipping a light switch or something, UK gets red hot.

 

I forgot about Ronnie Henderson and Clarence Caesar...I used to enjoy watching those guys play for LSU.

 

And finally, how ridiculous did Travis Ford look jumping around after he made that final free throw? He looked like Little Mac doing a Super Punch on Mike Tyson's Punchout!

 

:laugh: Some else noticed that, too? He looks like a little kid throwing a tantrum!

 

Another thing I love is watching their fans and Dale Brown while their building their lead--of course, knowing that it's all going to go horribly wrong in such a short time!:p

Wow, those unis were something else!:creepy::lol:

 

Those shorts are sweet. I've always wondered if there was a place that you could buy old school UK shorts from. The ones from this game would be high on my list...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.