Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Mason Co vs Elliott Co Prediction 2/16

Featured Replies

I think if Elliott is hitting the 3 ball like I have seen them do this year they could pull off an upset. But with that said, the way Mason County gets a hand in your face and with the 10th region (no blood no foul) officals it won't likely happen. Mason will squeak by with a 3 point win.

  • Replies 169
  • Views 14.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be the first (and possibly only) one to walk out on the limb...

 

Elliott 81

Mason 80

 

One of the best games of the year and all of a sudden the whole state puts one eye on tiny Sandy Hook.:thumb:

 

WIREMAN--way to go out on a limb. As a Central KY resident that loves the way's these boy's from the Hook play let me make some honest evaluations. First there is big match up problems because Mason has two 6'7" kids in Miller and Setty. Tim Knipp can match up with Setty, but who takes Miller?? It will have to be team defense and the Lions will have to try to lengthen and spread the court and get the tempo helter skelter Elliott style. In a half court slow tempo game Mason would beat them handily. If the Lions don't score 80 points they probably don't win. If they score 80+ they will have a good shot which means they must shoot well also. They will get outrebounded, but that doesn't matter. I would prefer this test to be on a neutral court, but the Fieldhouse + Mason will make it a double good test that should help them get ready for district and region play. I just hope Elliott keeps it close and doesn't get beat by 20 points. If they play like they are capable of it could be a 83-82 barn burner. If they shoot like the Rose Hill game then I don't want to even think about it. Good luck Lions and play your hearts out boys!!!!

Mason by 10-15 points.

WIREMAN--way to go out on a limb. As a Central KY resident that loves the way's these boy's from the Hook play let me make some honest evaluations. First there is big match up problems because Mason has two 6'7" kids in Miller and Setty. Tim Knipp can match up with Setty, but who takes Miller?? It will have to be team defense and the Lions will have to try to lengthen and spread the court and get the tempo helter skelter Elliott style. In a half court slow tempo game Mason would beat them handily. If the Lions don't score 80 points they probably don't win. If they score 80+ they will have a good shot which means they must shoot well also. They will get outrebounded, but that doesn't matter. I would prefer this test to be on a neutral court, but the Fieldhouse + Mason will make it a double good test that should help them get ready for district and region play. I just hope Elliott keeps it close and doesn't get beat by 20 points. If they play like they are capable of it could be a 83-82 barn burner. If they shoot like the Rose Hill game then I don't want to even think about it. Good luck Lions and play your hearts out boys!!!!

 

No matter what the score is, I can guarantee that this will be the case :thumb:

I think Mason will win by around 17. Elliott will have to shoot the ball really well to keep this one close. This game will help Elliott come Region time.

Taking the Royals by at least 15. Mason shows that being number one in the 16th is not an accomplishment.

Mason will win , hopefully by just a few though.

 

 

 

What??? :scared::scared::scared:

Taking the Royals by at least 15. Mason shows that being number one in the 16th is not an accomplishment.

 

Being No. 1 in the district is an accomplishment. Playing HS Basketball is an accomplishment. Why don't we just leave out the cheap shots that degrade others. It is the holier than thou attitude and doesn't promote or build up anybody or anything. I have heard Elliott doesn't play anybody, they are too short, they shouldn't be ranked in the Top 25, and on and on. It makes one sick to his stomach to hear the negative garbage. Brag on your favorites and kids, put don't be little another region or team. Every HS kid in KY is a winner when he plays his heart out each night.

Taking the Royals by at least 15. Mason shows that being number one in the 16th is not an accomplishment.

 

Being number one in ANY region is an accomplishment. It simply means you are capable of being one of only 16 teams still playing basketball in Lexington. That's an accomplishment.

 

Statements like yours make you sound...well.....

 

I think Mason wins by 12-16 points.

 

Only a few short years ago the 10th region fared only marginally better than the 16th on the state stage.

 

Mason will win, and probably handily, but to say being number one in the

16th Region is not an accomplishment ...means that MC wasted thier time scheduling this game. You Think?

Being No. 1 in the district is an accomplishment. Playing HS Basketball is an accomplishment. Why don't we just leave out the cheap shots that degrade others. It is the holier than thou attitude and doesn't promote or build up anybody or anything. I have heard Elliott doesn't play anybody, they are too short, they shouldn't be ranked in the Top 25, and on and on. It makes one sick to his stomach to hear the negative garbage. Brag on your favorites and kids, put don't be little another region or team. Every HS kid in KY is a winner when he plays his heart out each night.

 

Well said!

Being number one in ANY region is an accomplishment. It simply means you are capable of being one of only 16 teams still playing basketball in Lexington. That's an accomplishment.

 

Statements like yours make you sound...well.....

 

I think Mason wins by 12-16 points.

 

Only a few short years ago the 10th region fared only marginally better than the 16th on the state stage.

 

Mason will win, and probably handily, but to say being number one in the

16th Region is not an accomplishment ...means that MC wasted thier time scheduling this game. You Think?

 

MC did not waste time in wanted to play Elliot. This WILL be a good game. :ylsuper:

I also hope and think it will be a good game. OH ( ECHS by 32! ! ! !) I only wish that he would play his bench more , he may need them come Toruney time like he did last year. But he did play them more last year. I would want to take care of the ones that got me to state last year. Enough said on that subject. GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Lions.! ! ! ! :thumb:

I also hope and think it will be a good game. OH ( ECHS by 32! ! ! !) I only wish that he would play his bench more , he may need them come Toruney time like he did last year. But he did play them more last year. I would want to take care of the ones that got me to state last year. Enough said on that subject. GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Lions.! ! ! ! :thumb:

 

You're predicting Elliot County by 32 points?!

I also hope and think it will be a good game. OH ( ECHS by 32! ! ! !) I only wish that he would play his bench more , he may need them come Toruney time like he did last year. But he did play them more last year. I would want to take care of the ones that got me to state last year. Enough said on that subject. GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Lions.! ! ! ! :thumb:

 

You're predicting Elliot County by 32 points?!

 

It's a TRADITION . . . and ya can't mess with that!!!! :ylsuper:

It's a TRADITION . . . and ya can't mess with that!!!! :ylsuper:

 

So you actually agree to Mason County being beaten by 32 points? Tradition or not, Mason County is better than that. We'll just have to see about that...

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.