Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UConn 69 Louisville 67

Featured Replies

It's hard to play the Pitino brand of basketball without any shooters. His success at UK was based on guys that could flat out light it up from behind the 3-point line. They are attempting that many 3's now, just not making them.

  • Replies 74
  • Views 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Cards got out rebounded 36-23

 

Honestly, when was the last time a GOOD UConn team got outrebounded? I was trying to think about that. It seems like rebounding is Jim Calhoun's #1, 2, and 3 focus for his teams.

  • Author
It's hard to play the Pitino brand of basketball without any shooters. His success at UK was based on guys that could flat out light it up from behind the 3-point line. They are attempting that many 3's now, just not making them.

 

They have shooters, it's just the wrong people are taking the shots, IMO. I wouldn't care if Jerry Smith shot it all night, because he's the type of guy that will get on track if he keeps shooting. You know what kind of game T-Will will have from behind the arc from the beginning of the game...Problem is, he doesn't quit shooting if he's off. And as for Tello, I don't know what got into him tonight to shoot that many 3's.

They have shooters, it's just the wrong people are taking the shots, IMO. I wouldn't care if Jerry Smith shot it all night, because he's the type of guy that will get on track if he keeps shooting. You know what kind of game T-Will will have from behind the arc from the beginning of the game...Problem is, he doesn't quit shooting if he's off. And as for Tello, I don't know what got into him tonight to shoot that many 3's.

 

I haven't watched them enough to know who their shooters are, but what I have seen - I agree with you. The wrong guys are definately gunning at all times.

Currently UL is ranked #197 in 3PT%, while #38 in 3PA. That is a big part of the problem.

  • Author
I haven't watched them enough to know who their shooters are, but what I have seen - I agree with you. The wrong guys are definately gunning at all times.

 

My top three shooters would be:

 

1. Jerry Smith

2. Andre McGee

3. Edgar Sosa

 

These are guys that actually see significant minutes. Will Scott is probably a better shooter than all of them, but the rest of his game isn't enough to keep him on the floor in order to take shots. T-Will and Earl Clark can both light it up when they're on, but I wouldn't rely on either to take the game-winning three.

Honestly, when was the last time a GOOD UConn team got outrebounded? I was trying to think about that. It seems like rebounding is Jim Calhoun's #1, 2, and 3 focus for his teams.

 

I will tell ya this, Thabeet is a beast, and he doesn't even lead them in rebounding...

Honestly, when was the last time a GOOD UConn team got outrebounded? I was trying to think about that. It seems like rebounding is Jim Calhoun's #1, 2, and 3 focus for his teams.

 

Rebound plus block or change shots. UL wanted no part of attacking the rim tonight...

Eventhough Louisville shot horrible from the 3pt line they was still in it. I think the 3's does have to change but freethrows is what killed them down the srtetch. They missed them in the end when it counted. Add the 2 freethrows that Padget missed and they are able to go for two instead of pulling a pullback-fadwaway 3 at the end.

Rebound plus block or change shots. UL wanted no part of attacking the rim tonight...

 

Because Thabeet was erasing everything that got near it!!!!:jump:

Wasnt Tello the next coming of Monster Mashburn?

 

In his defense he gets injured a lot, that said, his shot selection at the end of regulation was more for glory, than reason. Padge, at worst, should've gotten a touch, and a chance to tie the game. I really thought they could pound it down low, maybe get 2 ft's, and get Thabeet out of the game for OT. Obviously, selfishness won out.

Rebound plus block or change shots. UL wanted no part of attacking the rim tonight...

 

Actually, I disagree I felt they did attack, but didn't look for a dish out, and the big boys from UConn feasted on the lack of the dish from U of L's attackers.

You go for the win on the road....

 

But, Palacios would've had a great look from the FT line, or a step in. If he hits it he's a hero, though. Can't believe he didn't take the wide open jump shot.

 

Thabeet is tall.

Actually, I disagree I felt they did attack, but didn't look for a dish out, and the big boys from UConn feasted on the lack of the dish from U of L's attackers.

Thabeet missed a ton of clock with foul trouble over the first 30 minutes, and they were still chucking it from deep all over the place. If they didn't finish in those situations, I'd buy it...

They have shooters, it's just the wrong people are taking the shots, IMO. I wouldn't care if Jerry Smith shot it all night, because he's the type of guy that will get on track if he keeps shooting. You know what kind of game T-Will will have from behind the arc from the beginning of the game...Problem is, he doesn't quit shooting if he's off. And as for Tello, I don't know what got into him tonight to shoot that many 3's.

 

He's way to inconsistant of a shooter. Here's a couple of stats for you. T-Will the last two games before UConn: 5-13 from the field 3-8 3pt. 15 total points 19 assists and 11 turnovers in 2 UL wins. Tonight 2-10 from the field 2-8 3 pt. 7 points, 3 assists and 2 turnovers. His scoring wasn't much different but how he got his teammates involved was. Here's something that UL fans and Pitino should think heavily about: When T-Will attempts 10 shots or more UL is 7-6, when he attempts 9 shots or less UL is 8-0. ;)

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.