Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Elliott Co. 103 West Carter 57

Featured Replies

J Ferguson got his 2000th point in this game

 

 

 

:dancingpa:dancingpa:dancingpa:dancingpa:dancingpa

  • Replies 79
  • Views 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

EC must have been upset with that 1 point win the other night and took it out on WC! :lol::scared:

Congratulations to FERG... :thumb:

 

I know of no other kid in the region who's worked harder to earn those 2,000 points.

Me either . GO Ferg ! ! ! :dancingpa Elliott see you Sat. for another "win" ! ! :lol:

I'm not Elliott's biggest fan, but 2000 points is a heck of an accomplishment. Congrats to him. :thumb:

at the end of the 1st half West had 15 points & 16 turnovers

I'm shocked!!!

I'm not Elliott's biggest fan, but 2000 points is a heck of an accomplishment. Congrats to him. :thumb:

 

And he's just a Junior. Great kid too. I have had the opporunity to interview him a couple of times and he is just a GREAT kid, humble, selfless, polite, respectful, things you like to see in young men.

Some game stats:

 

West Carter

Barker 18 (8-8 from the line)

Thompson 14

Logan 7

Lee 6

Aaron Rayburn 4

Puckett 4

BA Oney 4

 

Elliott Co

Ferguson 23 (2 of 3 from the line)

Ethan Faulkner 20 (4 of 5 from the line)

Evan Faulkner 18 (9 of 9 from the line)

Timmy Knipp 13

Chris Knipp 7

Maynard 7

Center 7

Morgan 4

Nickell 2

Lewis 2

 

At least that is what we had on the radio! I am pretty sure they are right

And he's just a Junior. Great kid too. I have had the opporunity to interview him a couple of times and he is just a GREAT kid, humble, selfless, polite, respectful, things you like to see in young men.

 

DITTO

CONGRATS FERG!!!!

 

 

 

 

 

 

WE'RE SOOOOOOO PROUD OF YOU!

 

 

 

:dancingpa :dancingpa :dancingpa :dancingpa

As for the game...yuck. Elliott was on a mission, and came out hot, and stayed that way all night.

As for West, this was a complete embarrassment. West Carter was intimidated to start the game, and after Elliott raced out to a 13-4 lead, the Comets just gave up. Elliott played well, but the margin in this game was decided by the Comets. No effort tonight, no one dove on loose balls, turnovers vs. a man to man press, I would say 5 of those 16 first half turnovers came in the last minute of the half. West made little to no effort to slow the game down, dont know why, they would have to keep Elliott in the 60-70 point range to even have a chance. I will be the first to say the officals let the game get a little out of hand towards the end, luckily no one got hurt.

As others have stated in previous posts, Rick Mays needs to sub when his team is ahead by 50 points. Atleast 3 starters on the floor at one time until the final 1:30, that is crap. I dont want to hear that he has been beaten up for years and he is just getting his revenge now. When was the last time West Carter tried to embarrass Elliott? I bet you can't name one time, Neither Jim Webb, Grady Lowe, Stan McGlone, or Jeremy Webb would want to do that to anyone. With the way the game was going I would have been scared to death to have a starter in there for fear of a big injury. Just trying to get to 100 points to rub it in a little more. Elliott is too good a team to be doing this to people. Honestly though, its not the kids, its the coach, I know that just venting some frustrations.

  • Author
Some game stats:

 

West Carter

Barker 18 (8-8 from the line)

Thompson 14

Logan 7

Lee 6

Aaron Rayburn 4

Puckett 4

BA Oney 4

 

Elliott Co

Ferguson 23 (2 of 3 from the line)

Ethan Faulkner 20 (4 of 5 from the line)

Evan Faulkner 18 (9 of 9 from the line)

Timmy Knipp 13

Chris Knipp 7

Maynard 7

Center 7

Morgan 4

Nickell 2

Lewis 2

 

At least that is what we had on the radio! I am pretty sure they are right

 

Thanks GoRadio for the stats.

As for the game...yuck. Elliott was on a mission, and came out hot, and stayed that way all night.

As for West, this was a complete embarrassment. West Carter was intimidated to start the game, and after Elliott raced out to a 13-4 lead, the Comets just gave up. Elliott played well, but the margin in this game was decided by the Comets. No effort tonight, no one dove on loose balls, turnovers vs. a man to man press, I would say 5 of those 16 first half turnovers came in the last minute of the half. West made little to no effort to slow the game down, dont know why, they would have to keep Elliott in the 60-70 point range to even have a chance. I will be the first to say the officals let the game get a little out of hand towards the end, luckily no one got hurt.

As others have stated in previous posts, Rick Mays needs to sub when his team is ahead by 50 points. Atleast 3 starters on the floor at one time until the final 1:30, that is crap. I dont want to hear that he has been beaten up for years and he is just getting his revenge now. When was the last time West Carter tried to embarrass Elliott? I bet you can't name one time, Neither Jim Webb, Grady Lowe, Stan McGlone, or Jeremy Webb would want to do that to anyone. With the way the game was going I would have been scared to death to have a starter in there for fear of a big injury. Just trying to get to 100 points to rub it in a little more. Elliott is too good a team to be doing this to people. Honestly though, its not the kids, its the coach, I know that just venting some frustrations.

 

 

Elliott was never up 50. So, I guess we didn't have to worry about that tonight. West's starters were still in the game, so what's the point. Elliott didn't press in the second half and the starters rotated in the last quarter. Mays is a great coach and I'd venture to say he's spent a lot more time coaching than you. Vent as you will, but Coach Mays has worked hard for 27 years to get where he is today. I don't think his goal was to score 100, because all starters were out when that happened. It appeared he was looking at a few different line ups toward the end of the game. He's been questioned several times over the years, as have all coaches. One more person won't matter.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.