Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Elliott Co. 103 West Carter 57

Featured Replies

  • Replies 79
  • Views 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Elliott is back to there winning margins again.

When you are the better team and your opponent knows it, why demoralize them? IMO this is a total lack of class on the Elliott coach. What does it prove to beat someone this badly? Playing his starters until the last few minutes is ridiculous. Hope everyone in Elliott County has a warm and fuzzy feeling after this win. Just remember, "what goes around, comes around".

When you are the better team and your opponent knows it, why demoralize them? IMO this is a total lack of class on the Elliott coach. What does it prove to beat someone this badly? Playing his starters until the last few minutes is ridiculous. Hope everyone in Elliott County has a warm and fuzzy feeling after this win. Just remember, "what goes around, comes around".

 

I don't think it was about demoralizing them. I think Elliott's coach uses big leads to look at some of the starters with some of the bench to find out what may work when needed. Should a coach just quit trying to be productive when up? That would be great so other teams can catch up. I do have a pretty warm and fuzzy feeling about seeing them get back to playing some great basketball, thanks for hoping so.

I don't think it was about demoralizing them. I think Elliott's coach uses big leads to look at some of the starters with some of the bench to find out what may work when needed. Should a coach just quit trying to be productive when up? That would be great so other teams can catch up. I do have a pretty warm and fuzzy feeling about seeing them get back to playing some great basketball, thanks for hoping so.

 

No,a coach doesn't need to quit trying to be productive, USE HIS SUBS. I'm sure they could use situations like this as a learning experience. Maybe it would even make them a deeper team. Beatings like this are unexcuseable and you enjoying it is even worse.:irked:

No,a coach doesn't need to quit trying to be productive, USE HIS SUBS. I'm sure they could use situations like this as a learning experience. Maybe it would even make them a deeper team. Beatings like this are unexcuseable and you enjoying it is even worse.:irked:

 

Elliott has 3 subs that are going to get quality time this season. The other three are great kids, but probably won't contribute much when needed. They play hard, but are just not quite up to the same level. The subs started playing a lot in the 2nd quarter and played a ton the second half. It really just appeard that the coach was mixing it up. I enjoy seeing Elliott play well and this is no disrespect to West. I respect every team Elliott plays and wish them the best, but I hope Elliott wins when playing them. I just think some people get way too upset about Elliott winning by so much, I've saw Elliott lose by 40+ several times in my life. It happens, I'm just glad to see Elliott on the winning side of these games. I've waited a long time to see it.

So these other 3 subs are so bad that they would let a 40+ lead slip away...?

 

No I don't think that, nor did I say that. I think the players that play are the ones that have the chance to contribute this season. Those kids on the bench are good kids and would play hard. I just feel that the players that normally play are playing to help with this season. The last 3 play at times, and will in the future. I don't think by getting a big lead that you should quit playing the players that you need in the current season. These times are the perfect time to play some starters with some bench players to see what could work. Don't put words in my mouth.

No reason for this thread to go ASKEW after another nice win for Elliott.

 

Those of us on here that have followed basketball for a long time know all about karma and whatever is meant to happen will take care of itself in due time.

 

As much as I want RH to represent the 16th in Richmond, I figure it will likely be Elliott and I will wish them them the best if they get there.

No reason for this thread to go ASKEW after another nice win for Elliott.

 

Those of us on here that have followed basketball for a long time know all about karma and whatever is meant to happen will take care of itself in due time.

 

As much as I want RH to represent the 16th in Richmond, I figure it will likely be Elliott and I will wish them them the best if they get there.

 

I agree with most of what you have to say. Of course I hope Elliott will represent the 16th in Richmond, but I know how dangerous the other teams will be in the Class A tourney. The best of luck to all teams involved. I didn't mean to get off topic, my bad. I just hate to hear some of the comments that I've heard. No disrespect to any of you that I don't agree with. Good luck to you and your respective teams. Good luck Elliott, I'll be pulling for you.

No,a coach doesn't need to quit trying to be productive, USE HIS SUBS. I'm sure they could use situations like this as a learning experience. Maybe it would even make them a deeper team. Beatings like this are unexcuseable and you enjoying it is even worse.:irked:

 

Sir! 9 players played in the first half, and 11 players played in the second half. Thats all of them. I have been running through the threads and have saw a few other scores where other teams are winning by 30 and 40 and no one is saying anything to them....Hmmmmm. Has to be because Elliott is giving instead of getting.:D

Some game stats:

 

West Carter

Barker 18 (8-8 from the line)

Thompson 14

Logan 7

Lee 6

Aaron Rayburn 4

Puckett 4

BA Oney 4

 

Elliott Co

Ferguson 23 (2 of 3 from the line)

Ethan Faulkner 20 (4 of 5 from the line)

Evan Faulkner 18 (9 of 9 from the line)

Timmy Knipp 13

Chris Knipp 7

Maynard 7

Center 7

Morgan 4

Nickell 2

Lewis 2

 

At least that is what we had on the radio! I am pretty sure they are right

 

According to the announcer Ferguson had 18 points before the first half ended, did he not play the second half to only finish out with 23 points? Congratulation to Ferguson on the 2000 points.

J Ferguson got his 2000th point in this game

 

 

 

:dancingpa:dancingpa:dancingpa:dancingpa:dancingpa

 

And he's just a Junior. Great kid too. I have had the opporunity to interview him a couple of times and he is just a GREAT kid, humble, selfless, polite, respectful, things you like to see in young men.

 

 

 

That's just amazing. I have to get out, and see these young men play. How spindoc. How about a road trip?

According to the announcer Ferguson had 18 points before the first half ended, did he not play the second half to only finish out with 23 points? Congratulation to Ferguson on the 2000 points.

 

 

I think He only took 3 shots in the second half and run the Point for about 4 minutes in the 4th Quarter.

That's just amazing. I have to get out, and see these young men play. How spindoc. How about a road trip?

 

IF Elliott wins on Saturday over Raceland they would play Rose Hill Monday Night at Bath Co. Come on Down with Spindoc.:thumb:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.