College Basketball Commitments

Scotty Hopson--University Heights--Mississippi State--soft verbal

He withdrew his verbal to Miss. State, and I know it's not always up to date, but on Rivals.com he has Cincinnati, Louisville, Tennessee, Mississippi State, at high interest, and Kentucky at medium interest. I was at the King of the Bluegrass tournament at Fairdale in Louisville and there was a recruiter from Texas there watching him. Maybe they are a possibility? Anyone know anything about Texas?

How binding is a verbal commitment? If a boy doesn't do well his jr and sr year ,can the school back out or if a boy decides to go somewhere else rather than the one he is committed to, can he?

As far as I know a school can withdraw it and the player can withdraw it as long as he hasn't signed his letter of intent. Even if they have signed the school can still drop them (Bud Mackey), and I'm sure that the player could find a way out as well. So, although verbal commitments usually hold up, they are not set in stone by any means. I've heard rumors that Billy G has gotten commitments from 8th graders? So if they turn out to be duds he will obviously break the erbal commitment.

As far as I know a school can withdraw it and the player can withdraw it as long as he hasn't signed his letter of intent. Even if they have signed the school can still drop them (Bud Mackey), and I'm sure that the player could find a way out as well. So, although verbal commitments usually hold up, they are not set in stone by any means. I've heard rumors that Billy G has gotten commitments from 8th graders? So if they turn out to be duds he will obviously break the erbal commitment.

The letter of intent can not be signed before his or her senior year, is that correct?