Top 5 All "A" schools

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree Hoops111 I've seen all 3 play Gallatin is a decent team but I don't think they can hang with HC or NCC. They did do a great job with Holmes and I'm not disrespecting them by all means. Just my opinion!

I think Gallatin loves to play against the 9th region teams. We have played a few in the past few years and have had some success, along with a few losses. I would love a chance to watch a matchup between my beloved Gallatin County Wildcats, and either of HC or NCC. Bring 'em on!

Gotta question for you Happymeal, of your two ninth region teams you listed, which do you think will win between them?

I think Gallatin loves to play against the 9th region teams. We have played a few in the past few years and have had some success, along with a few losses. I would love a chance to watch a matchup between my beloved Gallatin County Wildcats, and either of HC or NCC. Bring 'em on!

Gotta question for you Happymeal, of your two ninth region teams you listed, which do you think will win between them?

NCC won earlier this year without the 2 starters that were playing football. HC plays a tougher schedule. I'll take NCC becuase of the big kid Geisler! How about you?

First I'll say Elliott Co. is a great team and will do well in the All A, but this year they have been given a pass on their weak schedule. Except for teams out of the state that I don't know anything about, both JBS and Paintsville's losses have been to tough teams. That being said, if my team doesn't beat Elliott in the regional all A, I will be rooting for them. I think they can win it all.

No way Gallatin County is ahead of NCC or Holy Cross.

After tonights games against a couple of teams that Gallatin Co. played I will have to go with Gallatin Co. Gallatin played Holmes very close late into the game and beat Newport by double digits.

After watching Hazard last night on TV in the Wymt Mt. Classic, I would think they would be close to the top. They now have the Warren kid from Bell eliigible, and they were already loaded without him. He adds a lot to that team. They beat a good Cumberland team by about 8 points, holding them to very few points in the last quarter. They're a very good defensive team. Whitaker, the PG, is sneaky quick.

We'll know more after tonight's championship game (which is on Wymt Ch. 57), but from what I saw last night there's not many differences in the Crusaders and the Bulldogs. And I don't think either one would take a back seat to Elliott County or any of the other teams listed in this thread. They both have size, good shooters, experience, and quickness.

I have had JBS as my # 1 14th region team all year, but now I'm not so sure. With Warren now added to an already well stocked Hazard team, it's a whole new ball game.

No Way?????

Really!:rolleyes: You might want to re-think this. Gallatin played with Holmes with one of our best players sitting out the second half.:thumb:

I agree, GC is solid. They are top 10 but not top 5. NCC/Holy Cross may not even be Top 10 at this point. Corey Sorrell is the most prolific scorers in the state but they are a 2 man team with he and Giwa. NCC just seems very inconsistent. They win two tough games vs. downstate competition then lose by 15 to Newport. I dont know, but at this point I would put GC in top 10.

For what it's worth, here's how they stack up according to the most recent Litratings (I have only listed the highest-rated team in each region):

1. Elliott Co. 97.2

2. JBS 88.5

3. Shelby Valley 86.8

4. UHA 83.8

5. LCA 76.0

6. Bardstown 75.7

7. Metcalfe Co. 74.7

8. NewCath 74.6

9. Somerset 70.0

10. Cumberland 69.7

11. Murray 68.2

12. Lou. Holy Cross 67.9