Top 5 All "A" schools

Gallatin Co. is very overrated IMO. They have not won against a good quality team all season. On Friday night, Carroll Co. gave the Wildcats a scare as they almost pulled off the upset. Despite a few bad plays by the Panthers, Carroll would have walked away with a win. Gallatin Co. is a good team, but to rank them at the top with the All "A" schools is stretching it quite a bit.

Before last week I would've given GC a shot against any "A" team in the state. I think they have a bad habit of playing to their competitions ability rather than playing on their own level. Hopefully this will change as the road to Richmond is getting shorter.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with you on your assessment of Gallatin Co. I still like Elliott Co. or Hazard in the All "A".
What is the crime in defeating the teams they( Gallatin ) are supposed to defeat ? They definately have not underachieved. As a matter of fact, i have never seen a Gallatin team coached by Jon Jones underachieve. The same can not be said about some of Gallatin's "A" 8th Region rivals the last several years.

Gallatin Co. is very overrated IMO. They have not won against a good quality team all season. On Friday night, Carroll Co. gave the Wildcats a scare as they almost pulled off the upset. Despite a few bad plays by the Panthers, Carroll would have walked away with a win. Gallatin Co. is a good team, but to rank them at the top with the All "A" schools is stretching it quite a bit.

University Heights is going to be my pick to win the All "A" this year. Scotty Hopson is very hard to stop and the UHA coach is a great one. I believe they will win the All "A" but they are not going to win it easily. Best of Luck to all of the "A" teams as they prepare for the Region Class "A" Tournament! :thumb:

Almost only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades. Overrated? Everyone is entitled to his/her opinion, but i disagree. Overrated and underachievement fall into the same category, Gallatin is neither of these. It is very easy to criticize when your own school/team doesn't live up to your own hopes/expectations.

What is the crime in defeating the teams they( Gallatin ) are supposed to defeat ? They definately have not underachieved. As a matter of fact, i have never seen a Gallatin team coached by Jon Jones underachieve. The same can not be said about some of Gallatin's "A" 8th Region rivals the last several years.

Yes, they are defeating teams they are supposed to defeat. But like I said earlier, they have only beaten one team that has a winning record. They should win the 8th Region All A based on their performance so far against those teams. I'm just waiting for a marquee win before I would even consider them to be a contender for the 8th Region title.