Highlands 53, CovCath 52

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Birdflu

Great win for Highlands. Also, I have been a Bluebird fan for years and I think the Covington Catholic announcers are very, very good. I have heard so many complaints about them, but I thought they were as good as any announcers I have heard on radio.

Wow...was this a big upset? I know Cov Cath was in the top 15 in most polls.

I'd say upset but not huge for these reasons:

1) Highlands has been ranked very high as well (and recent losses are due in no small part to McGraw resting)

2) CCH is without Bondick

3) Highlands always proves to be a problem for CovCath because they are physical

Great win for Highlands but not entirely shocking.

Great win for Highlands. Also, I have been a Bluebird fan for years and I think the Covington Catholic announcers are very, very good. I have heard so many complaints about them, but I thought they were as good as any announcers I have heard on radio.

I agree the announcers are fine. Hey, their the only announcers in town so I'm greatful.:ylsuper:

Great effort by both teams, but without the glue that binds this CovCath team together (Bondick) I wasn't surprised. Some kids just have that knack of keeping a team focused on the task at hand and while Bondick isn't the best at anything on the CovCath team, he does everything well enough, that his loss was quite evident tonight. I also just wonder how mentally and emotionally tired this CovCath team was tonight after a very, very tough week off the court. Congrats to HHS, and this was the first non football basketball team that I have seen in quite a while from HHS.