Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Highlands 53, CovCath 52

Featured Replies

  • Replies 42
  • Views 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats Birds!

:dancingpa:dancingpa:dancingpa:dancingpa

Now my 16 year old better get himself and my car home safe.

Wow...was this a big upset? I know Cov Cath was in the top 15 in most polls.

Great win for Highlands. Also, I have been a Bluebird fan for years and I think the Covington Catholic announcers are very, very good. I have heard so many complaints about them, but I thought they were as good as any announcers I have heard on radio.

Wow...was this a big upset? I know Cov Cath was in the top 15 in most polls.

I'd say upset but not huge for these reasons:

 

1) Highlands has been ranked very high as well (and recent losses are due in no small part to McGraw resting)

2) CCH is without Bondick

3) Highlands always proves to be a problem for CovCath because they are physical

 

Great win for Highlands but not entirely shocking.

Great win for Highlands. Also, I have been a Bluebird fan for years and I think the Covington Catholic announcers are very, very good. I have heard so many complaints about them, but I thought they were as good as any announcers I have heard on radio.

 

I agree the announcers are fine. Hey, their the only announcers in town so I'm greatful.:ylsuper:

No surprise here.

 

Good win for HHS.

 

Hopefully they'll both be at full strength in March.

Minor upset, but with Bondick out probably a tossup. Quality win for Highlands!

I wouldn't call this an upset. Period. These two teams are very close.

 

Its a shame the McGraw boy has missed so much b-ball due to injuries.

I think just about everyone thought it would be a great game and it didn't disappoint. Going to be a heck of a 9th region tournament when March rolls around.

With all the talent on both teams, who was the best player on the court and who has the most potiential?

The game was great and exciting even though the Colonels couldn't pull it out. It was unfortunate that the Highlands student section had to tarnish their players great efforts with the way they acted after the game.

Some of the worst class I have seen of any school in highlands. They way their students acted after the game instigating fights and starting trouble was despicable. I would be ashamed to be part of that school and community.

Big win for Willie and his Birds!

 

Having watched both teams play this year, I thought that the Birds would be right there.

 

Sounds like a great game from both sides. It would be a heck of a region final come March!

Great effort by both teams, but without the glue that binds this CovCath team together (Bondick) I wasn't surprised. Some kids just have that knack of keeping a team focused on the task at hand and while Bondick isn't the best at anything on the CovCath team, he does everything well enough, that his loss was quite evident tonight. I also just wonder how mentally and emotionally tired this CovCath team was tonight after a very, very tough week off the court. Congrats to HHS, and this was the first non football basketball team that I have seen in quite a while from HHS.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.