Soccer at Beechwood?

Not sure why you guys can't understand what UNC-5 is saying ... so let me put it this way:

For Beechwood HIGH SCHOOL GIRLS: there was barely ANY interest in soccer.

For Beechwood ELEMENTARY GIRLS: there was interest

High School sports are high school sports. Will those girls be in high school eventually? Sure they will. That doesn't justify what happened.

Adding sports for the sake of adding sports is not always the right thing to do. And I would say that if there was another boys sport.

What happens if some genius wants to add boys track? You have now set a standard.

You guys trying to make the girls/boys argument really don't understand everything behind this situation ... maybe you should research the situation .. then come back to the discussion.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank goodness that this wasn't Boys Soccer . The Beechwood Community and School System would have imploded !

:thumb:It had been discussed 10 years(boys) ago and it was SHOT down before it started......

you can't touch the football team....but who cares how we affect the volleyball team......:walk:

Not sure why you guys can't understand what UNC-5 is saying ... so let me put it this way:

For Beechwood HIGH SCHOOL GIRLS: there was barely ANY interest in soccer.

For Beechwood ELEMENTARY GIRLS: there was interest

High School sports are high school sports. Will those girls be in high school eventually? Sure they will. That doesn't justify what happened.

Adding sports for the sake of adding sports is not always the right thing to do. And I would say that if there was another boys sport.

What happens if some genius wants to add boys track? You have now set a standard.

You guys trying to make the girls/boys argument really don't understand everything behind this situation ... maybe you should research the situation .. then come back to the discussion.

:thumb:

:thumb:It had been discussed 10 years(boys) ago and it was SHOT down before it started......

you can't touch the football team....but who cares how we affect the volleyball team......:walk:

ZX3 ... I think that there were a lot of people who have made it real clear that they cared about the volleyball team ... and I am pretty sure ... there was a lot of football support there as well.

ZX3 ... I think that there were a lot of people who have made it real clear that they cared about the volleyball team ... and I am pretty sure ... there was a lot of football support there as well.

Honestly, while I agree with so many things you state, I disagree with this one.....

Besides a handful of volleyball parents and the v-ball coach, no one was outspoken on the ordeal. Thought more coaches and the band director would join the cause as this precedent that has been set by the administration could possibly effect one of their programs in the future.

As a matter of fact...these same few volleyball parents tried to drum up support from parents from the band and football team to stand up for the facts being presented ......They saw NO ONE from either band or football faithful at the meetings.

On the flip side, I can also see why none of the coaches spoke out publically.

Quick....$$$$ talks....and you know the people who have used that trump card recently to get their wishes!

Obviously SBDM did not care either...they knew the IMMEDIATE impact it would have on the volleyball program...not to mention they went against their own rule and started a soccer program with less than 16 girls!!!!!

Honestly, while I agree with so many things you state, I disagree with this one.....

Besides a handful of volleyball parents and the v-ball coach, no one was outspoken on the ordeal. Thought more coaches and the band director would join the cause as this precedent that has been set by the administration could possibly effect one of their programs in the future.

As a matter of fact...these same few volleyball parents tried to drum up support from parents from the band and football team to stand up for the facts being presented ......They saw NO ONE from either band or football faithful at the meetings.

Quick....$$$$ talks....and you know the people who have used that trump card recently to get their wishes!

Obviously SBDM did not care either...they knew the IMMEDIATE impact it would have on the volleyball program...not to mention they went against their own rule and started a soccer program with less than 16 girls!!!!!

No question w/this statement. Dollar signs and big dreams, when will all these dreams begin?

Correct, and a person on this committee is now the girls soccer coach. Maybe a conflict in interest here?

:cry:For the coach to up and quit on his team as close to the season as he did leads me to believe that the coach thought he was more important then the program and the girls in the program. Very good coach who often times "takes his ball and goes home" when he doesn't get his way. I just hope the coach finds other things to do with his time then to meddle behind the scenes. He decided to quit so lets hope he is man enough to stay out of the fight and move on. Good luck to the Tigers this year.

:cry:For the coach to up and quit on his team as close to the season as he did leads me to believe that the coach thought he was more important then the program and the girls in the program. Very good coach who often times "takes his ball and goes home" when he doesn't get his way. I just hope the coach finds other things to do with his time then to meddle behind the scenes. He decided to quit so lets hope he is man enough to stay out of the fight and move on. Good luck to the Tigers this year.

:thumb:Well said which means before long Beechwoodfan, UNC-5 or ZX3 will post a comment that you don't know what your talking about. It seems the only ones upset by this soccer issue happens to be those 3. Oh yea and the FORMER Coach.

I agree HJ, quitting as he did when he did causes me to believe IMO he has lost all creditability. I feel sorry for the girls on the team. They deserved better.

:thumb:Well said which means before long Beechwoodfan, UNC-5 or ZX3 will post a comment that you don't know what your talking about. It seems the only ones upset by this soccer issue happens to be those 3. Oh yea and the FORMER Coach.

I agree HJ, quitting as he did when he did causes me to believe IMO he has lost all creditability. I feel sorry for the girls on the team. They deserved better.

Add me to this LIST! Unless you have a lot more info than what is posted on this BB you don't know what you are talking about!

Add me to this LIST! Unless you have a lot more info than what is posted on this BB you don't know what you are talking about!

Amen Flop! Matt Long is a great person and is not a selfish person either. There was a lot involved in his resigning and not only a soccer issue. Again, a lot of promises made to him and none kept. The whole soccer issue as other things that were done this past school season were done sneaky.

There were rules layed down w/stupulations and the stipulations were not met but due to the SBDM committee being very pro soccer, they voted it in. Then, how ironic that one of these members then is hired to be the coach.

Everything done is very questionable, IMO! I wish these young middle school/elementary players well and pray none get hurt too serious against the older and much stronger players.

:lol:Just as you said Mr. I. We got a response from one of the 3 you mentioned and it went the way you said it would. Good call..:thumb: