December 24, 200718 yr Hendrix, Patterson could if he continues to imrpove. Just hard to see him getting POY since he's a freshmen.
December 24, 200718 yr Lofton is shooting something like 35% from the field this year and something like 30% from 3 point range. Hope he turns it around.
December 24, 200718 yr Geez, everyone picks Lofton and he isn't even doing good this year. Shows that he is everyone's safe pick! Before anyone tries to justify picking Lofton you might want to check the stats. Lofton is shooting 35% from the field and Joe Crawford is shooting 46% from the field. For those saying it's because Joe hasn't played near as much and has taken less shots, Crawford has just taken 4 less shots than Lofton this season. Chris Lofton is averaging 15.3ppg(13th in SEC) while Joe Crawford is averaging 18.2ppg and Patrick Patterson is averaging 16.4ppg. Lofton ranks 2nd in 3pt field goals in the SEC but he has taken almost 20 more 3's than any other player. LOFTON IS NOT SEC POY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Com on guys you're better than that! Give it up...no one from uk should or will win it!
December 24, 200718 yr The year is not over yet. Lofton will get his numbers up as teams will no longer be a able to focus on him alone. JP prince is an outstanding player along with Jajuan Smith and Tyler Smith. Lofton will get his average up to 20 a game and the Vols will win the SEC out right. Lofton will be your POY. Mark it Down! If you go back and look at the 1st post it asks if it was today who would win, not who will win at the end of the year. So if it ended today no way would Lofton win!
December 24, 200718 yr Give it up...no one from uk should or will win it! Laughable! I don't think someone from UK will win, I'm just showing people the facts that there are a few UK players that are doing better than the almighty Lofton! Just pointing out that if he were to get recognized for the SEC POY then those UK players would have to also!
December 24, 200718 yr Author I like Loften. I watched him play several times in high school while playing football and basketball but so far this season he seems to be in a slump.
December 24, 200718 yr Lofton has not had anywhere close the year as he has produced his previous three season, but the talent around him is better. No one has really stood out as far I have seen. Foster is having a good year for a solid team. Downey has made an impact for USC. Hendrix from Alabama? Curtis from Ole Miss? Way too soon to make predicitions.
December 24, 200718 yr Lofton He's a Sr. I know it player of the year, but if he has top numbers or even top 2-3 numbers he'll still win with everything he's done in his college career. IMO!
December 26, 200718 yr Lofton He's a Sr. I know it player of the year, but if he has top numbers or even top 2-3 numbers he'll still win with everything he's done in his college career. IMO! I don't think the PLAYER OF THE YEAR should go to someone just because they are a senior and what they have done over their career. It's the player of the year, not career.
December 26, 200718 yr I don't think the PLAYER OF THE YEAR should go to someone just because they are a senior and what they have done over their career. It's the player of the year, not career.True, but that is not how things are decided. If Lofton is even in the vicinity of the top scorers or UT wins 13 or 14 games in conference, it is his to lose or at least his to lose being on the first team.
December 26, 200718 yr True, but that is not how things are decided. If Lofton is even in the vicinity of the top scorers or UT wins 13 or 14 games in conference, it is his to lose or at least his to lose being on the first team. Thank you very much. Maybe, I need to hire you as my translator.
December 29, 200718 yr Chris will win it. I like for him to break out of his "slump" he's been in. I would feel good about myself I were averaging 15 ppg and people call it a slump. He will find that sweet shooting touch when it matters most.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.