Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Class A favorites for 2008-2009

Featured Replies

Congtats on your very disrespectful comments. Lack of class on your part. Lack of information. I wish comments like these wreren't alowed in this forum.
Since when does admonishing a person or organization that can not play with in the rules, and then have the gall to stand on ceremony, and tell the world how good they are, a classless act. Do you also praise a doped up horse, a athlete on steroids or maybe the Enron situation attracts your admiration.

It was a situation that put a stink on thats schools athletic program for a long time, be a good band wagon for you to jump on after all!

  • Replies 161
  • Views 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree, I don't expect any team in this district to be a cake walk. Nicholas was decent last year-admittedly I do not know what they return and who graduated, Fairview was pretty good-but did graduate a lot but with the new coach who knows, and I expect Paris to be much better in the second year with the new head coach.

 

LCA will be the favorite and should be they return a bunch. Raceland returns a lot and hopefully will give LCA a fight.

I am curious as to how Paris will look this season. I know the new coach is working hard with the guys.

They also lost some good seniors. Angel, Henson, Stevens, Klimper, Shupe... All but Stevens was playing line for Paris. Actually Henson was the only one playing in position (referring to lineman). The other three were definetely out of position (imo).

They will return Tiion Thomas, and should have a nice size junior class.

I am curious to see who will be their qb? They struggled with this key position this past season, after they received the blow of losing senior starting qb Tavione Fields.

 

I agree with what someone said that Nicholas will have a hard time replacing Mattox.

 

I still look for Raceland and LCA to be battling it out in the district. Keep us posted Ram!

I still look for Raceland and LCA to be battling it out in the district. Keep us posted Ram!

 

:thumb:Will do. I look for Paris to pretty good this year. I like their coaches intensity, and as I've said before, the first year with a new coach can be rocky, especially one from outside the system. I think the team will be more accustomed him, and him to the team. I think Paris will be very competitive, I'm glad we play them at Raceland this year.

:thumb:Will do. I look for Paris to pretty good this year. I like their coaches intensity, and as I've said before, the first year with a new coach can be rocky, especially one from outside the system. I think the team will be more accustomed him, and him to the team. I think Paris will be very competitive, I'm glad we play them at Raceland this year.

Yes from what I hear the kids are getting accustomed to the new coach. I hear he is having a good turnout in the weight-room. Who or what, I don't know, but I just have been told by several of my friends that he has a lot of exciment building down at the fieldhouse.

I hate the long trips to Ashland, 2x a season is way too much! :sleep: makes old people like me tired. :lol:

Yes from what I hear the kids are getting accustomed to the new coach. I hear he is having a good turnout in the weight-room. Who or what, I don't know, but I just have been told by several of my friends that he has a lot of exciment building down at the fieldhouse.

I hate the long trips to Ashland, 2x a season is way too much! :sleep: makes old people like me tired. :lol:

 

At least you will be able to watch a good ballgame and then get a good night sleep.:lol::lol:

1. BEECHWOOD always the team to shoot for

 

I will have to agree with this statement.

Along with Beechwood, I would guess that LCA, Mayfield, Hazard, Raceland all will be good. I know that Raceland was very young last season and returns virtually everyone on both sides of the ball from a team that fell just short to LCA in the district title game - and as we know, LCA went to Papa Johns and gave Beechwood all they wanted.

These are just the ones that I am more familiar with, word has it that Campbellsville will be really good and Frankfort also usually puts a good team on the field.

Beechwood has to be the favorite until someone beats them.

 

:thumb: I agree and this coming from a fan of a team that has had many a playoff games with them through the years. We (Raceland) could have Budweiser a sponsor....we have been "Beechwood Aged". :eek:

Now that's funny, I don't care who you are....:laugh:

:thumb: I agree and this coming from a fan of a team that has had many a playoff games with them through the years. We (Raceland) could have Budweiser a sponsor....we have been "Beechwood Aged". :eek:

 

Love that quote! We may have to steal that one from you!

Love that quote! We may have to steal that one from you!

 

You have my full permission to use it, no stealing necesary.

Trust me, I wish that I didn't have to say it but I will give credit to where credit is due.:thumb:

I agree, I don't expect any team in this district to be a cake walk. Nicholas was decent last year-admittedly I do not know what they return and who graduated, Fairview was pretty good-but did graduate a lot but with the new coach who knows, and I expect Paris to be much better in the second year with the new head coach.

 

LCA will be the favorite and should be they return a bunch. Raceland returns a lot and hopefully will give LCA a fight.

 

Good post Ram, our district should be very competitve.

LCA is and should be ranked as the team to beat again.

Raceland has practically everyone coming back and needs to stay away from injuries that hurt a lot last season ( a couple of games with 6 2way starters out). With everyone healthy the Rams can make some noise.

Fairview will be well coached and who knows what and/or who they will come up with (they do have a "knack" for doing that). I have a feeling that they will be pretty good.

Paris should be more asdjusted and much better as you said with a coach in his 2nd year, 1st year under new systems are always tough.

From the report on Nicholas by an earlier post they certainly will be no gimme either.

Glad to hear Campbellsville getting some attention on here. I have some personal, but distant ties to the program, and got to watch them in a thriller against Williamsburg. I see them making it to the regional championship again, but this time it might be a different story agasint Hazard. They lost only one really key player. Good size line comes back, and should be bigger and stronger. The only real question mark would be at RB. But they had a sophmore that was a backup and he is a man child. He just needs to mature to catch up with that body. Then if he can establish himself as a productive player....look out, C-Ville may make another big run.

Crush56, empty your private msg so people can get ahold of you!!

Beechwood has to be the favorite until someone beats them.

 

I have to agree with you but wouldn't it be nice to see Bellevue, Dayton or Ludlow be able to to have a legitimate chance to win that district once in awhile. Might make things a bit more interesting for all concerned unless of course you are a Beechwood fan.

Crush56, empty your private msg so people can get ahold of you!!

 

done

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.