Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Class A favorites for 2008-2009

Featured Replies

Doesn't Evarts merge with Hazard this year coming up??

  • Replies 161
  • Views 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, Cumberland and Evarts and Cawood will merge to create Harlan Co.

No, Cumberland and Evarts and Cawood will merge to create Harlan Co.

 

What class will they be in and what do you expect from Harlan Co Consolidated next year?

I've heard others make that same comment about trying Shelton at the QB position..I've not seen him play there so can't really say how that may go, but, he would definately give them some athleticism there..Can he pass the ball though? If not, I'd hate to see them be so one dimentional. You know, as well as me, it's almost impossible to advance real far in the playoffs with no threat of a passing game, plus, he's there biggest playmaker from the WR spot so it could effect that aspect, too...

 

I guarantee he can throw it as far or hard as Guhy. I think Guhy will be a good one, but he must weigh like 120 max...:sssh:

I guarantee he can throw it as far or hard as Guhy. I think Guhy will be a good one, but he must weigh like 120 max...:sssh:

 

Guhy was listed at 140 but considering he was just a freshman, I'm sure he'll get bigger. I think he'll do fine, plus Xavier plays defense too. I hate to lose a solid defensive guy because he's the QB. I think it hurt Mayfield defensively this year with Logan not being in there at LB all the time.

1- Beechwood -until they are knocked from the top .I do believe like others they will be closer to the pack

 

2 - Hazard -returning all they are I had to give them the nod here ,all I know is what I have read here

 

3- LCA -They are returning alot and with the state game experience from this year can easily move up in this poll .I do think losing a playmaker like Gaffney will hurt more than some think .

 

4- Mayfield Once again ,alot returning and have been there before .They can also easily move up if someone on top falters .

 

I don't know enough about what others have returning to place them .Frankfort losing Fields will hurt .That is about it for now .

1- Beechwood -until they are knocked from the top .I do believe like others they will be closer to the pack

 

2 - Hazard -returning all they are I had to give them the nod here ,all I know is what I have read here

 

3- LCA -They are returning alot and with the state game experience from this year can easily move up in this poll .I do think losing a playmaker like Gaffney will hurt more than some think .

 

4- Mayfield Once again ,alot returning and have been there before .They can also easily move up if someone on top falters .

 

I don't know enough about what others have returning to place them .Frankfort losing Fields will hurt .That is about it for now .

 

Folks losing Fields won't hurt Frankfort that much. Losing 5 staring offensive linemen will hurt them more. I will go out on a limb and tell you Frankfort will be knocking on the door in Late November.

Folks losing Fields won't hurt Frankfort that much. Losing 5 staring offensive linemen will hurt them more. I will go out on a limb and tell you Frankfort will be knocking on the door in Late November.

 

I would have to agree ,losing 5 lineman does hurt .Not saying Fields was all Frankfort had .Just saying losing a talented player .Hope to see ya in Ft.Mitchell in 11 months .

I would have to agree ,losing 5 lineman does hurt .Not saying Fields was all Frankfort had .Just saying losing a talented player .Hope to see ya in Ft.Mitchell in 11 months .

 

I think with the way that the districts are rotating Mayfield and Beechwood districts will be in region 1 and Frankfort & Holy Cross districts will make up region 2. If that is true with next year being an even the winner of Region 2 will host the semi-finals. So look forward to seeing you in Frankfort next season.

Until someone beats the state champs they are still the best in my book. Beechwood until beaten

What class will they be in and what do you expect from Harlan Co Consolidated next year?

For the first year or two they will be in Class 3-A. Then i do believe that they will then jump to 5-A or 6-A depending on the success of the program over the first two years. They should be great, they will have, my personal favorite Glenn Roberts from Evarts, T.J. Green from Cawood, and Nathaniel Gilliam and Lance Simmons from Cumberland all in the backfield. Not counting all of the other kids who will compete for starting or playing time back there. I have no clue who the quarter back will be unless it is green and they run some kind of spread stuff and let him run it a bit. The O-Line should be good and the defense should be fierce. They should compete quite well in 3-A next year. Harlan Independent won't play them next year which i can't blame them. Also to note that the hear say here in Harlan County is that the Black Bears will open the season up with Johnson Central. So, we will all have to see what the Black Bears can do against a top quality opponent in 5-A. But, thats just a little about them from my stand point others may think that they won't be that good. Every one is titled to there own opinion though. I just wish the best of luck to my Evarts boy next year.

The new school will be in the same district as Cawood was in last year. I forgot to post that in there also.

Until someone beats the state champs they are still the best in my book. Beechwood until beaten

 

I assume you mean beaten in the playoffs. Am I correct?

Just for the sake of discussion.

 

CLASS 1A

District-1-1- Ballard Memorial, Crittenden County, Fulton City, Fulton County, Mayfield

District-1-2- Beth Haven, Bethlehem, Caverna, Holy Cross (Louisville), Kentucky Country Day

District-1-3- Beechwood, Bellevue, Bishop Brossart, Dayton, Ludlow

District-1-4- Bracken County, Eminence, Frankfort, Gallatin County, Trimble County

District-1-5- Fairview, Lexington Christian, Nicholas County, Paris, Raceland

District-1-6- Campbellsville, Clinton County, Lynn Camp, Williamsburg

District-1-7- Harlan, Hazard, Jenkins, Pineville

District-1-8- Allen Central, Betsy Layne, Paintsville, Phelps, Pikeville, South Floyd

 

Region 1 - District 1 versus District 3

Region 2 - District 2 versus District 4

Region 3 - District 5 versus District 7

Region 4 - District 6 versus District 8

 

Semi-Finals

Region 1 versus Region 2

Region 3 versus Region 4

Just for the sake of discussion.

 

CLASS 1A

District-1-1- Ballard Memorial, Crittenden County, Fulton City, Fulton County, Mayfield

District-1-2- Beth Haven, Bethlehem, Caverna, Holy Cross (Louisville), Kentucky Country Day

District-1-3- Beechwood, Bellevue, Bishop Brossart, Dayton, Ludlow

District-1-4- Bracken County, Eminence, Frankfort, Gallatin County, Trimble County

District-1-5- Fairview, Lexington Christian, Nicholas County, Paris, Raceland

District-1-6- Campbellsville, Clinton County, Lynn Camp, Williamsburg

District-1-7- Harlan, Hazard, Jenkins, Pineville

District-1-8- Allen Central, Betsy Layne, Paintsville, Phelps, Pikeville, South Floyd

 

Region 1 - District 1 versus District 3

Region 2 - District 2 versus District 4

Region 3 - District 5 versus District 7

Region 4 - District 6 versus District 8

 

Semi-Finals

Region 1 versus Region 2

Region 3 versus Region 4

 

There has been some strong talks about switching back to the old playoff system and do away with playing inter district in the 1st rounds.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.