Class A favorites for 2008-2009

CADEREECE

I'm trying, but I have a cold so that will be my excuse. Plus, I was right, he did say it (but must have recanted), so in my mind I was right.:D

But, I am surprised, I did not think that LCA was loosing that many, I thought is was only 2 or 3. That brings a :D to my face.

I think his exact words were " They're all that and a bag of chips" and that this could very well be one of the most talented teams they've ever had. Like you, though, he may have recanted that as the season progressed. I don't remember seeing it, but, its very possible.

Thanks for the LOL!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But, I am surprised, I did not think that LCA was loosing that many, I thought is was only 2 or 3. That brings a :D to my face.

The offensive losses do not worry me unduly.

And on the defensive side we had 5 guys (subs) that saw a LOT of playing time in the finals, so lack of experience should not be a huge factor.

Thanks for the LOL!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm hear for your entertainment needs anytime you need me.

Any news on any sleepers? Any news on Pikeville, I have heard speculations, but I would like to hear from the Pikeville people?

The offensive losses do not worry me unduly.

And on the defensive side we had 5 guys (subs) that saw a LOT of playing time in the finals, so lack of experience should not be a huge factor.

I'm sure they will be ready and be plenty good enough. I hope they win them all, except two (one regular season and one playoff).

I'm hear for your entertainment needs anytime you need me.

Any news on any sleepers? Any news on Pikeville, I have heard speculations, but I would like to hear from the Pikeville people?

One thing you can say about Pikeville, they don't back down from competition. There schedule was solid for a 1a team. I know they took a beatdown from LCA in the playoffs, but, I don't really like to base the entire body of work on 1 bad outing. I think they'll be right in the hunt with the other 3. Is there anyone else on the east side with alot of returning players or some good underclassman coming up...What about Fairview, Lynn Camp, Williamsburg, Campbellsville..Anyone know what to expect from these teams?

On the westside, I could see Crittenden Co being alot better and Fulton City also being solid. I've heard that S.Fulton, Tn is having alot of problems with there program and a few kids may cross over and join up with Fulton City. I could also see a few Fulton Co kids trying to do the same. A little success has a way to somehow sway kids in that direction. Anyone know what Lou Holy Cross, Bethlehem or Trimble Co may have returning or coming up?

One thing you can say about Pikeville, they don't back down from competition. There schedule was solid for a 1a team. I know they took a beatdown from LCA in the playoffs, but, I don't really like to base the entire body of work on 1 bad outing. I think they'll be right in the hunt with the other 3. Is there anyone else on the east side with alot of returning players or some good underclassman coming up...What about Fairview, Lynn Camp, Williamsburg, Campbellsville..Anyone know what to expect from these teams?

Your right about Pikeville's schedule, they had a very strong schedule, that can do nothing but improve the team.

Fairview lost a lot of starters, I may be wrong but I think they will have a rebuilding year. I think they will have an up hill battle.

Paris had some talent, but had a first year head coach. It is normally a little difficult with a new coach. I expect them to improve this season, but I do not know how many players they lost.

Nicholas Co had a rough time in the district, I do not know what they have returning, and how young they were last year.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I'm crying!!

My gift to you. But, I really can't spell. I tell everyone that I am a victim of phonics(fonics). I did ok spelling until they started telling me that knee started with a "K", and some times letters sound like other letters. Knee with a "K", what is that any way. Thank God for spell check, and Afrin.

Just the opposite.

Beechwood loses 7 starters on offense (4 linemen), but only 5 starters on defense.

LCA loses 7 starters on defense, but only 4 starters on offense (2 linemen).

(I can give you the lists, if you like).

Beechwood loses RB Bankemper but returns RB Teipel.

Stats:

4 Bankemper, Tommy 111 rushes 585 yards 13 Tds

44 Teipel, Neico 133 rushes 815 yards 13 Tds

And they lose Elliot at QB. But the Frosh QB was quite the athlete (and the Frosh team was good, not great) and may step right in as a Soph next year. I look for Beechwood to pound the ball next year with Teipel being one of the leading rushers in NKY next year.

But don't be too caught up with the starters listed from this year. Beechwood has people that can play both ways even though they may not be listed as a starter on one side. Depending on the game or need, they may not see any action on one side of the ball but next game may see extensive action. I do think their offense will be ahead of their defense next year and they definately will not be as deep as they were this year.

Plus I don't think their district will be better overall. They wisely play a tough non-district schedule, which should help again.

Watch out for Michael Campbell next year. That kid is a player...If any one in the mountains seen the catch he had against LCA in the playoffs you will know what i mean. But Hazard should be good next year, i look for them in Louisville or where ever they will be playing STATE next year.

On the westside, I could see Crittenden Co being alot better and Fulton City also being solid. I've heard that S.Fulton, Tn is having alot of problems with there program and a few kids may cross over and join up with Fulton City. I could also see a few Fulton Co kids trying to do the same. A little success has a way to somehow sway kids in that direction. Anyone know what Lou Holy Cross, Bethlehem or Trimble Co may have returning or coming up?

I talked to Crittenden's coach and he told me that they have every starter coming back. Both of the running backs were sophomores.:eek:

I think with all the teams coming back with a lot of talent, home field in the playoffs will determine what teams may win next year. The even or lower districts get home game if the #1 seed wins the district. Next year in the East it would probably be:

Region-

LCA-Raceland winner District 5 going to District 7 Hazard

Lynn Camp, Williamsburg, Camp District 6 going to District 8 Pikeville.

Then the winner of 6 vs. 8 has semi-final.

LCA had all home games this year. LCA-Raceland winner will have a tough road next year.

Pikeville will probably have all the home field next year if they take care of business.

I would love to see Mayfield experiment with Shelton at QB...Seems to be a pretty smart player and can give the Mayfield offense some "slash" factor. Especially with the running backs they have coming back...both of which are very good!

I too feel Crittenden County will be a very tough opponent and Mayfield is still one year away from being scary good!

I agree, I think I recall that also.

On Mayfield's WR's, there was a frosh that got alot pt this year who's name escapes me at the moment that alot of people think is on the verge of being a major threat at WR if they Guhy can get the ball to him. So with this kid and Shelton, who I think is the best threat on the Cards team both this year and last, they will be better off than they have been in awhile at WR but I think it still comes down to the development of their young QB

On the WR's name, I believe you are talking about #15, his last name is Richardson I believe.

I would love to see Mayfield experiment with Shelton at QB...Seems to be a pretty smart player and can give the Mayfield offense some "slash" factor. Especially with the running backs they have coming back...both of which are very good!

I too feel Crittenden County will be a very tough opponent and Mayfield is still one year away from being scary good!

I've heard others make that same comment about trying Shelton at the QB position..I've not seen him play there so can't really say how that may go, but, he would definately give them some athleticism there..Can he pass the ball though? If not, I'd hate to see them be so one dimentional. You know, as well as me, it's almost impossible to advance real far in the playoffs with no threat of a passing game, plus, he's there biggest playmaker from the WR spot so it could effect that aspect, too...