Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Class A favorites for 2008-2009

Featured Replies

Hazard players that played both ways this year were:

 

JR Campbell WR-DE

SO Fugate OL - DL

 

In the playoffs due to injury SO Martin played OL and DL and SO Moore played OL and LB

 

Look for Hazard to put some of their offensive skill players in the secondary next year so you might see 4 or 5 going both ways next year.

 

WOW !! Hazard ,a class A school ,only has 4 players going both ways .That is pretty impressive .

  • Replies 161
  • Views 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beechwood will be the team to beat. If I am not mistaken they return 21 seniors.

 

 

As for Frankfort- They will be fine. The return Quan Weaber who rushed for 1400 yards this season. Plus the QB Keri Metcalf lead the team to a victory at Danville. He has 3 starts under his belt and played a lot. Zach Mason will share RB duties with Weaver. Other skill guys with plenty of experience are: Dwight Tilman, Will Smith, Ethan Williams, Evan Wright. Plenty of talent returns. The big question will be how quick the young offensive line will jell.

Beechwood will be the team to beat. If I am not mistaken they return 21 seniors.

 

 

As for Frankfort- They will be fine. The return Quan Weaber who rushed for 1400 yards this season. Plus the QB Keri Metcalf lead the team to a victory at Danville. He has 3 starts under his belt and played a lot. Zach Mason will share RB duties with Weaver. Other skill guys with plenty of experience are: Dwight Tilman, Will Smith, Ethan Williams, Evan Wright. Plenty of talent returns. The big question will be how quick the young offensive line will jell.

 

 

Beechwood always has alot of srs, no different than any other year. The difference is, some sr classes are more talented than others and I'd have a hard time believing this yrs Jrs are better than this yrs srs, especially in the trenches, plus they lose 2 or 3 very talented skill players. No doubt, they'll be right in the hunt, but, I believe, as many others do, they'll come back to the pack a little next year.

Mayfield I think they'll have a hard time replacing the LBs they lose and they'll have to find some receivers to replace Shelton and Mccuistian...

 

Shelton was a sophmore so he will be back, the starting Jr. wideout dissmissed from the team may also return if he has the right attitude and coaches acceptance. At LB, Logan Armstrong missed alot of the year allowing his spot to be filled by a underclassman but Simpkins will be missed greatly.

 

I think Mayfield will go as Luke Guhy goes

I, honestly, think that the 1A field is going to be very close at the top next season. I'm not putting anyone down, conversely, I am complementing several programs. Beechwood was very good this year, Guru said in the preseason that he thought this might be the best team in Beechwood history. With Beechwood being very good they played to a three point margin of victory against LCA in the championship game.

 

 

I'm pretty sure the Guru backed off of his statement a bit.

I'm pretty sure the Guru backed off of his statement a bit.

 

I agree, I think I recall that also.

 

 

On Mayfield's WR's, there was a frosh that got alot pt this year who's name escapes me at the moment that alot of people think is on the verge of being a major threat at WR if they Guhy can get the ball to him. So with this kid and Shelton, who I think is the best threat on the Cards team both this year and last, they will be better off than they have been in awhile at WR but I think it still comes down to the development of their young QB

I'm pretty sure the Guru backed off of his statement a bit.

 

If he did, then that is my fault. I just remember Guru talking in the preseason about them being the best. I may have forgotten the recanting.

Don't know that they won't win it all again, but I think in the immediate future things get a little tigher in Class A. I believe Beechwood will still be a force on offense next year but maybe not as good on defense and not nearly as deep.

 

Just the opposite.

 

Beechwood loses 7 starters on offense (4 linemen), but only 5 starters on defense.

 

LCA loses 7 starters on defense, but only 4 starters on offense (2 linemen).

 

(I can give you the lists, if you like).

I agree, I think I recall that also.

 

 

On Mayfield's WR's, there was a frosh that got alot pt this year who's name escapes me at the moment that alot of people think is on the verge of being a major threat at WR if they Guhy can get the ball to him. So with this kid and Shelton, who I think is the best threat on the Cards team both this year and last, they will be better off than they have been in awhile at WR but I think it still comes down to the development of their young QB

 

I think you're thinking of the Richardson kid. He is, no doubt, a talent, but, moreso on the defensive side of the ball. He'll likely replace Simpkins at the LB spot.. I thought Xavier Shelton was a Sr.. Wow, he's a pretty impressive sophmore, if thats indeed what he was.

 

From what I saw of Guhy, he's a very heady player that doesn't make alot of mistakes. He got some valuable playing time in several games that Logan was out and I thought he had a pretty accurate arm. He just needs to get in the weight room and get a little stronger.

 

I'm excited about the RBs they have returning. Trevarthan was solid, but, was hurt all the time and give "Rump" Noonan and Tyreese Murrell another yr to get stronger and I believe there running game will be alot better. Rump was just a freshman and Murrell just a sophmore, so they'll have those 2 for another couple of years.

 

Hopefully some of those big freshman and sophmore lineman will step up and dedicate themselves to the weight room and get a little more strength and agility. They definately have some size and ability if they'll do that.

 

To me, there biggest loss will be McNutt, there kicker. He was a great weapon on kickoffs and could make up to 45-50 yds out. Thats hard to replace.

 

The Cards lost 13 srs but, really only 5-6 that were really solid contributers. They didn't have too big of a Jr class, so, they'll again be a young team in 08. I think they'll be a little better than this years team by the end of the year, at least from an overall talent standpoint..

Raceland, lost to LCA in the regular season with there JV team playing basically. Both RB out, one OL out, two WR out, all three LB out, one DL out, and two DB out. We expected to loose by more then we did. The playoff game both teams were full strength and was an accurate reflection of both teams.

 

I will second Ram's assessment: Raceland was VERY depleted when they played LCA during the regular season.

Beechwood will be the team to beat. If I am not mistaken they return 21 seniors.

 

18, according to the championship roster (but that's still a LOT!).

Just the opposite.

 

Beechwood loses 7 starters on offense (4 linemen), but only 5 starters on defense.

 

LCA loses 7 starters on defense, but only 4 starters on offense (2 linemen).

 

(I can give you the lists, if you like).

 

Losses due to graduation:

 

LCA Offense:

 

Duff (Line)

Hill (Line)

Ledford

Gaffney

 

LCA Defense:

 

Ostrander

Duff

Potter

Hill

White

McIntosh

Gaffney

 

Beechwood Offense:

 

Beese (Line)

Hoffman (Line)

Kazen (Line)

Bailey (Line)

Bankemper

Elliott

Amelung

 

Beechwood Defense:

 

Bankemper

Burns

Bailey

Morehead

Amelung

If he did, then that is my fault. I just remember Guru talking in the preseason about them being the best. I may have forgotten the recanting.

 

C'mon, Ram, we expect perfection from you!!!!

C'mon, Ram, we expect perfection from you!!!!

 

I'm trying, but I have a cold so that will be my excuse. Plus, I was right, he did say it (but must have recanted), so in my mind I was right.:D

 

But, I am surprised, I did not think that LCA was loosing that many, I thought is was only 2 or 3. That brings a :D to my face.

I'm trying, but I have a cold so that will be my excuse. Plus, I was right, he did say it (but must have recanted), so in my mind I was right.:D

 

I think his exact words were " They're all that and a bag of chips" and that this could very well be one of the most talented teams they've ever had. Like you, though, he may have recanted that as the season progressed. I don't remember seeing it, but, its very possible.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.