Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Too Many 100 Point Games!!

Featured Replies

I have a solution that will keeps teams from getting blown out...quit making excuses and practice harder.

  • Replies 34
  • Views 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a solution that will keeps teams from getting blown out...quit making excuses and practice harder.

 

:thumb:

Keep in mind, if one team can score 100 and another team can only score 40, plus allow the 100....than there is a reason and it's because, one is better at both offense and defense.

 

Without question, launching 3's is a bit much but when you play JV and younger, but still dominate the Varsity....then play against, the non-starters you will have scores that get out of hand.

 

Don't blame a team, for being better prepared, coached, talented and committed. Like KHS G stated, work. Every great team, started as average, became better, very good and then took the next step. Too many players work hard on their game, conditioning and preparation....I loathe the excuse, that you're better than us and shouldn't beat us by so much.

Keep in mind, if one team can score 100 and another team can only score 40, plus allow the 100....than there is a reason and it's because, one is better at both offense and defense.

 

Without question, launching 3's is a bit much but when you play JV and younger, but still dominate the Varsity....then play against, the non-starters you will have scores that get out of hand.

 

Don't blame a team, for being better prepared, coached, talented and committed. Like KHS G stated, work. Every great team, started as average, became better, very good and then took the next step. Too many players work hard on their game, conditioning and preparation....I loathe the excuse, that you're better than us and shouldn't beat us by so much.

AMEN TO THAT!!:ylsuper:

  • Author

My bad on posting this then!!! I still think it is ridicules that a team beats another team by 40 or 50+!!!! Like I said there is no shot clock!!!! Yeah if a bench is better than the other teams starters, good for them, but u don’t have to rub it in their faces!!! The team I cheer for has never been beat that bad, but when you see all these score on here posted it look horrible!!! I don’t understand the point of doing something like this!!! Beating someone that bad will only do one thing is make people mad, and cause trouble down the line!!! Again I will say this, THERE IS NO SHOT CLOCK, you can pass the ball around a little bit!!!

Maybe its not good offense. It could be bad defense.

My bad on posting this then!!! I still think it is ridicules that a team beats another team by 40 or 50+!!!! Like I said there is no shot clock!!!! Yeah if a bench is better than the other teams starters, good for them, but u don’t have to rub it in their faces!!! The team I cheer for has never been beat that bad, but when you see all these score on here posted it look horrible!!! I don’t understand the point of doing something like this!!! Beating someone that bad will only do one thing is make people mad, and cause trouble down the line!!! Again I will say this, THERE IS NO SHOT CLOCK, you can pass the ball around a little bit!!!

 

I guess you are right. The team that has made itself better should not look to score. They should just stand there and pass the ball around so they will not hurt anybody's feelings. :rolleyes: Teams getting beaten that bad should spend a little less time whining and more time at practice.

So when other players are put in the game YOU just want them to run up and down the floor ! NO scoring and NO defense. EC does not play all the first 5 all the time , so far there has not been a reason for them to play the whole game .

My bad on posting this then!!! I still think it is ridicules that a team beats another team by 40 or 50+!!!! Like I said there is no shot clock!!!! Yeah if a bench is better than the other teams starters, good for them, but u don’t have to rub it in their faces!!! The team I cheer for has never been beat that bad, but when you see all these score on here posted it look horrible!!! I don’t understand the point of doing something like this!!! Beating someone that bad will only do one thing is make people mad, and cause trouble down the line!!! Again I will say this, THERE IS NO SHOT CLOCK, you can pass the ball around a little bit!!!

 

If a team and it's fans are going to get their feelings hurt if they lose by 40+, perhaps they should try to slow the game down and eliminate the number of possessions the superior team has. Just as an example, Greenup County was behind by a bundle against Elliott County, but they continued to try running the ball and firing it up. In a situation such as that, what is the superior team supposed to do? I've never seen a coach yet say, "Alright guys, we've proved we're better. Let's go ahead and let them back in it." Come on now...

All I am saying is a team should not beat a team by 30 or more points; there is not reason for that. I love watching a team score a lot, but not when the other team is setting on 20 and the team there playing against has 76!! That is why around here no one really likes Mason County!!!

 

Blow out games do occur, it does not matter who you are.

My bad on posting this then!!! I still think it is ridicules that a team beats another team by 40 or 50+!!!! Like I said there is no shot clock!!!! Yeah if a bench is better than the other teams starters, good for them, but u don’t have to rub it in their faces!!! The team I cheer for has never been beat that bad, but when you see all these score on here posted it look horrible!!! I don’t understand the point of doing something like this!!! Beating someone that bad will only do one thing is make people mad, and cause trouble down the line!!! Again I will say this, THERE IS NO SHOT CLOCK, you can pass the ball around a little bit!!!

 

If you pass the ball around, you are going to get a better shot and likley score more.:sssh:

I understand getting a 30 -35 pt. lead and doing whatever it takes to hold it but after 30 especially late in the game there are no need to risk getting a player hurt or making a team that is less fortunate in talent suffer any more than that. I say 30pts lead because there are a lot more cases of comebacks from down 25pt than above 25pts.

 

Beatting a team that has a record of 21-8 by 20pts is different than beating a team with a 8-21 record by 40pts. Eventhough you say "yeah but they couldn't help it" and yes there are cases of that, not too many. Usally when a team keeps saying that "they can't help it" their schedule is weak and yes the wins rack up but no quality wins. (this is why college football has the BCS Bowl and LSU with 2 losses and the hardest schedule in the nation is in the BCS championship)(Not saying we need a BCS ranking system just using a good example of how to rank a team by more than just a record.)

If a coach plays all of the players on his bench and does not press the opposing team I feel that he has done everything possible to keep from running up the score. You should never ask your team not to play hard on the defensive end of the court or tell them not to try to score.

If a coach plays all of the players on his bench and does not press the opposing team I feel that he has done everything possible to keep from running up the score. You should never ask your team not to play hard on the defensive end of the court or tell them not to try to score.

 

 

 

I agree with this, this is one of them exceptions to where it cannot be helped but very few times does anyone see this because most coaches do a very good job of scheduling competition of the same caliber as the team he coaches, but then you have some ncoaches that just put teams that are 50 pt wins and try to break records.

If a coach plays all of the players on his bench and does not press the opposing team I feel that he has done everything possible to keep from running up the score. You should never ask your team not to play hard on the defensive end of the court or tell them not to try to score.

 

Agree with all the above! You don't tell your subs to get in there and not play. Who does that help; except maybe soothe someone's feelings. I always thought it was no more embarassing to a team to get beat by 50 then it is to have the superior team send out its scrubs and do nothing but play keepaway on offense or give the other team uncontested layups when on defense.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.