Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Too Many 100 Point Games!!

Featured Replies

What’s up with all the 100-point games, and all these lopsided victories??.... What’s with the teams running up the score??...And don’t say they're not because the last time I checked there is no shot clock in Kentucky High School basketball!!!

  • Replies 34
  • Views 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The ball flies into the hoop better now days. It is a lot more prone to such a thing happening.

The ball flies into the hoop better now days. It is a lot more prone to such a thing happening.

 

Or, half the teams have decided to stop working hard on defense. Either way though.

Who cares! I'd 10-to-1 rather watch a 100 point game over a 40-38 game. Don't fret, though. The low scoring will return once the playoffs come around.

Who cares! I'd 10-to-1 rather watch a 100 point game over a 40-38 game. Don't fret, though. The low scoring will return once the playoffs come around.

 

You enjoying 20 and 30 point losses and even a 68 point loss?

You enjoying 20 and 30 point losses and even a 68 point loss?

 

No one said I enjoyed a beat-down. I'm just saying that its nice to see points being scored in high school basketball.

No one said I enjoyed a beat-down. I'm just saying that its nice to see points being scored in high school basketball.

 

Even more than the winning era of Ward ball?

Even more than the winning era of Ward ball?

 

I don't understand? Who's Ward?

When you put in the subs, what are you going to do tell them not to score? They hardly ever get in the game and when they finally get in your going to tell them not to score. That is pitiful. Even if you tell them to work the ball around for a good shot, if they shoot nothing but 3's some of them will go in, or if you tell them to work for a layup only that is not going to work either if you are playing a team that is already down 20 or 30, because they know it's over and probably have their subs in which makes it even worse. I agree there are things you can do to keep a game from getting to be 60 or 70 pt blowout, but sometimes it's really difficult, even when you get to the bottom of the bench and even put in the managers, some teams are just that bad. I know some teams try to do this on purpose to pad stats, and that is definitely uncalled for, but some teams really can't help it. When you have a good bench that is a good thing. You can't knock them for that.

:thumb:

Who cares! I'd 10-to-1 rather watch a 100 point game over a 40-38 game. Don't fret, though. The low scoring will return once the playoffs come around.

 

:thumb: I'm with you. Give me high scoring games anytime over the low scoring slowdown affairs. The idea of the game is to put the ball in the hole and I want to see as much of that as possible.

:thumb:

 

:thumb: I'm with you. Give me high scoring games anytime over the low scoring slowdown affairs. The idea of the game is to put the ball in the hole and I want to see as much of that as possible.

 

To score is the name of the game S C O R E score score. oh and WIN :lol:

  • Author

All I am saying is a team should not beat a team by 30 or more points; there is not reason for that. I love watching a team score a lot, but not when the other team is setting on 20 and the team there playing against has 76!! That is why around here no one really likes Mason County!!!

Homeplate Hero -- Play better defense

And some people claim that NBA players don't play defense....

All I am saying is a team should not beat a team by 30 or more points; there is not reason for that. I love watching a team score a lot, but not when the other team is setting on 20 and the team there playing against has 76!! That is why around here no one really likes Mason County!!!

 

You have got to be kidding! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: This is a joke. Sometimes teams are mismatched and blowouts occur. Winning by 30 is not running up the score and in a couple of games I have watched this year, a team won by 50+ and was not running up the score. Everybody played and played hard. One team is sometimes that much better than the other in that given year.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.