Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Please Tell Me

Featured Replies

There is a legit reason for a natural surface at Ketchup Field...

The Rooneys wanted a natural surface. Last week they made a visit to Morgantown to look at their new turf. So the ball was already rolling on getting some type of turf. I would guess last night will seal the deal.

It was a mistake from the start since Pitt plays on it too. No grass can hold up under the strain of a college game one day and a NFL the next. I would concede there is no "legit" reason I can think of for not going with field turf.

They could have built another stadium with all the money they've spent on trying to maintain the field. I bet they go to sports turf.

First time I've ever seen a punt hit the ground and not bounce.

First time I've ever seen a punt hit the ground and not bounce.

 

:thumb:

 

It looked like a sand wedge landing on a wet green. That field was a disaster.

I said the same thing last night. That field looked like a giant kitchen sponge.

I read that they are looking at something that is about 40% grass and 60% artificial. I think Denver has something like this.....Also there was talk early this morning that you could see them do what New England did and have new artificial turf down before next game against the Bengals....

They need the artificial turf, as does PBS. Both fields have had a litany of issues over the years with the weather, especially this time of year.

This morning they said the problem came from resodding. They resodded and did not have time to pull up the old surface. So they simply laid the new sod on the old sod and drainage did not occur.

They need the artificial turf, as does PBS. Both fields have had a litany of issues over the years with the weather, especially this time of year.

 

 

PBS does have turf.

They need the artificial turf, as does PBS. Both fields have had a litany of issues over the years with the weather, especially this time of year.

PBS replaced their turf with FieldTurf in 2004 because of problems with the sod.

PBS does have turf.

 

PBS replaced their turf with FieldTurf in 2004 because of problems with the sod.

 

Why I forgot that, I do not know.

I heard that not only did Pitt play there recently (the college), but also a bunch of HS games. Can't the schedule-makers have the Steelers on the road for a week or two at this time of year to give the field a chance to get back in shape (if the artifical turf is a no-go)?

Two words.... OLD SCHOOL!!! I think they learned their lesson last night though. It's a big thing for the high schools, Pitt is there and the Steel are #1. They will get turf.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.