Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Please Tell Me

Featured Replies

This morning they said the problem came from resodding. They resodded and did not have time to pull up the old surface. So they simply laid the new sod on the old sod and drainage did not occur.

 

I don't know if anybody else saw the clips of the field during or after the Pitt game on Saturday, but I swear that field was not NEARLY in as bad shape as it was last night for the Steelers game. They should have left it alone.

I'm in the minority on this one. No matter how bad the playing conditions are on natural grass at heinz Field, there is NO WAY that I would replace it with field turf. I absolutely hate the stuff and will never like it. If the guys of the past can play on fields like this, then why do the guys now have to play on turf? I have never and will never like the idea of ripping up natural grass for the fake stuff.

 

 

I will say however that like someone mentioned above, why didn't the people who made the schedule look at the logistics of the entire situation. If you know that you have a bunch of games that will preceed the NFL game in the days leading up to it, why not try to get those games relocated elsewhere?

There is a legit reason for a natural surface at Ketchup Field...

 

There is no legit reason or any other reason for that matter, that field should be an embarrassment to Pittsburgh.

if the Rooney's don't want to do it themselves, I feel the NFL will force their hand next year.

if the Rooney's don't want to do it themselves, I feel the NFL will force their hand next year.

Never happen.

^ bet....you think Goodell cares about the Rooney history in regards to the betterment of the game? First I think the Steelers will do it themselves, second, if they don't I look for the NFL to hamstring the use of the field, or a change of surface.

Didn't the NFL threaten to fine the Bengals for their field? Seems like a bad business decision to pay fines when you could use that money for a field. So, while the NFL may not say, "Get field turf". They may say, "It's going to cost you, regardless."

I assume they will have this resolved before the Bengals come to town next week?

Never happen.

 

I thought I've heard that they've done it before with another team.

  • Author
I assume they will have this resolved before the Bengals come to town next week?

 

Unlikely...

Unlikely...

 

They are working on drying out the new sod this week. The NFL had some of their grounds people stay in Pittsburgh after Monday Night. The weather is supposed to be good for most of the week so the Steelers and the NFL think they can get the surface OK by Sunday Night.....I guess we will see Sunday.

Unlikely...

 

 

If that is the case then I might want to rethink who I pick up on D. :D

That game Monday was INSANE! Very entertaining. That punt that just stuck in the ground made me laugh everytime I went back to it on tivo.

Why I forgot that, I do not know.

 

The pigeons distracted you.

I saw today they aren't planning on going to turf! Go figure?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.