Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Belfry @ Somerset (3A)

Who wins Friday? 181 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins Friday?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Seen them both play, Belfry big. If Corbin puts pressure on the QB like Belfry can against somerset it gets ugly. Belfry probably won't miss many tackles. Oh and Belfry fans get ready for the home officials.

 

I too am a fan of all of the local programs and let me tell you that I agree with Maroon fan on his response to the Corbin faithful. We were VERY fortunate to have played the Jumpers early. They have 3-4 kids that could play D-1 before the signing days are over. Cole is great as mentioned but Hughes could play mid-level fullback, Coomer plays big at end and has great hands and Megargel is a hammer with size and quickness and has a big frame.

 

Watched these kids and the others over the years and there's no quit in any of them....Corbin knows that as well. Give these kids some credit and remember the third times the charm. You'll be playing a great team but your on the field with them and someone will win. Hope it's you. Make Pulaski county proud with your play!!

  • Replies 144
  • Views 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is a good article from the Commonwealth Journal on this game...

 

 

Jumpers vs Goliath

 

 

I loved this quote from Coach Cobb, it gave me a chuckle. :lol:

 

“They are a very hard team to prepare for and really you can’t simulate their speed and size they have running the football,” said Cobb. “It really makes this week’s practice hard. In preparing, we have had to use linemen to run the football to simulate their power but they don’t have the speed their backs do.”

Good Luck to both teams from Western Kentucky. I must say that coming from a Owensboro Catholic fan, that Belfry is really tough this time of year and having met many of the fans in the finals couple of years ago they really love the football that team brings!!!! Good Luck to both teams:dancingpa

There will be plenty of room for the Belfry faithful, seating won't be a problem at all.:dancingpa

 

Thats good to hear :thumb:

 

Well, its almost here! Everyone have a safe trip tomorrow. Good luck and lets all stay injury free!

 

:fight:GO BELFRY:fight:

Does anyone remember the last time Belfry and Somerset played?

 

It was a dandy. :D

Somerset has a set of home and a set of visitor's bleachers. The total capacity of the stadium is 7000 with the visitor's side holding probably 2000 of that. The bleachers are aluminum, not concrete.

 

They'll need more seats on the visitors' sideline, then.

 

(Not joking, either. Ask Middlesboro how the Pirates travel.)

Go Pirates... I can't wait to get this one started!

I have been hoping for this matchup all season long. With two of the most tradition rich programs and two of the best coaches in Eastern Kentucky going against each other it should make for an exciting game, I doubt we'll see any let up from either team in this one. I think if the Jumpers can jump out early and protect the ball they can win, but I don't see Belfry turning the ball over much so if Somerset has trouble with turnovers it could be a long night. Let me just say we Somerset fans have tremendous respect for Belfry and their fans and we look forward to having you at the Briar Patch tomorrow night. That being said....

 

Somerset 42

Belfry 40

 

Nice post Andy, I think a lot of us on both sides feel the mutual respect for each other. I'm looking forward to the trip and to a great, hard fought game. I agree the Jumpers need to score first and get that early lead and win the turnover margin to win.

 

As far as your score, I really hope it isn't one of those shootout games. I can't remember a time when Belfry and their opponent both scored in the 40's since the 1999 playoff game where Breathitt beat the Pirates 47-42.

 

Actually, I think Belfry probably hasn't given up 30 points more than 3 or 4 times over the last 5 years, counting this year. (2003-2007).

 

So I don't look for that high scoring a game.

 

See ya this evening. :ylsuper:

Somerset also scored 47 on Corbin while Belfry could only manage 21 on them.:D

 

They held us to 21 but Belfrys starters were pulled in that game as they have been in every game this year except for Johnson Central.

Does anybody from Belfry honestly even think Somerset can score on the Mighty Belfry D? I know most of you in your predictions have said SHS will score around 16 points, but in reading your post it seems as if you just put those score predictions up to be nice and you really feel that Belfry will completely shut Somerset down (at least until you put your JV in).

 

Come on be honest how much do you HONESTLY think Somerset will score against your starting D?

 

 

Honestly, everyone I have talked to says Somerset WILL score on us...yes. Just not enough :D

They'll need more seats on the visitors' sideline, then.

 

(Not joking, either. Ask Middlesboro how the Pirates travel.)

 

The KSHAA can even set up a toll booth at the W. Virginia state line near Belfry and make some extra money from the parents and family that will come to see their kids play tonight.:laugh: Just kidding they're all from Kentucky I KNOW. lol

They'll need more seats on the visitors' sideline, then.

 

(Not joking, either. Ask Middlesboro how the Pirates travel.)

 

There will be plenty of seating trust me. Somerset has the 5th largest stadium in the state and probably the largest visitor's section of anyone. It is bigger that most team's home section.

 

Nice post Andy, I think a lot of us on both sides feel the mutual respect for each other. I'm looking forward to the trip and to a great, hard fought game. I agree the Jumpers need to score first and get that early lead and win the turnover margin to win.

 

As far as your score, I really hope it isn't one of those shootout games. I can't remember a time when Belfry and their opponent both scored in the 40's since the 1999 playoff game where Breathitt beat the Pirates 47-42.

 

Actually, I think Belfry probably hasn't given up 30 points more than 3 or 4 times over the last 5 years, counting this year. (2003-2007).

 

So I don't look for that high scoring a game.

 

See ya this evening. :ylsuper:

 

Point taken, I just feel that for Somerset to win it will have to be a shootout. Somerset's run defense has been non-existant this year and if that doesn't change tonight they are going to have to score in the 40's to win.

Laying everything aside I really do hope to see a great ball game tonight from 2 very talented ball clubs. In the end I just hope that the Pirates walk away from Somerset with another regional title under their belts and a chance once again to play in the State Semi Finals at CAM Stadium.

 

Everyone drive safe, near or far and hopefully we'll see a great battle tonight.

 

Let's Go Pirates.

They held us to 21 but Belfrys starters were pulled in that game as they have been in every game this year except for Johnson Central.

 

I don't remember the starters getting any rest in the Corbin game. :confused:

Almost time, good luck to both teams. Hope for all Belfry players and fans to have a safe trip over to the game. Go Jumpers!

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.