Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

KBA - Lexington sold

Featured Replies

I heard at lunch today that KBA was sold to a church group.

  • Replies 69
  • Views 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard at lunch today that KBA was sold to a church group.

 

I wonder if that means they will start checking birth certs for AAU events? :D

What's KBA?

Kentucky Basketball Academy. They have a 50,000 sq ft facility that has 5 indoor courts. They sponsor youth and adult leagues. They also do volleyball. It's near New Circle and Nicholasville roads in Lexington.

Kentucky Basketball Academy. They have a 50,000 sq ft facility that has 5 indoor courts. They sponsor youth and adult leagues. They also do volleyball. It's near New Circle and Nicholasville roads in Lexington.

 

 

:thumb:

  • Author

Thought it might be of interest due to the number of AAU events held there. Don't know if that will be the case in the future.

Is there a new facility to replace it this side of Louisville?

If a church group did buy it, expect it to go bye-bye as far as youth basketball and AAU events. I know Shirley Cunningham, the lawyer from Lexington who is in hot water with authorities over the phen-phen, was a part owner. I assume his troubles had something to do with a sale.

 

If basketball goes away, it will be disappointing. There is nothing in Central KY that compares. Of course, Louisville has kind of taken over in the state for AAU and youth basketball, with MidAmerica Sports Center and Hoops. A 3rd place -- called Basketball Academy -- just opened.

Sports of All Sorts in NKY is a fine facility and has hosted quite a few regional YBOA type tourneys, as well as tons of youth events. They've got 4 or 5 courts, convienently located right off I-75, and run good tournaments from what I've heard. Not had much chance to go after AAU events, as the KBA pretty much has had a lock on these; but have had some success getting participation from some very good Cincy teams in their events. Problem is NKY is a haul for Eastern and Western KY teams; but if Paducah can host a state golf tourney................

It is a shame that the KBA is maybe closing, but I did not like the atmosphere there it just seemed a little close quarters, I8 have seen some hot tempers in there. I do hope that events can be held there.

Knott County just built a beautiful facility like the KBA and is starting to hold its own tournaments. It has 5 hardwood courts along with a walking track/bowling ally/weight room. We hope to hold some AAU/BCI/high school tourn soon(already had 2 BCI tourn)

Knott County just built a beautiful facility like the KBA and is starting to hold its own tournaments. It has 5 hardwood courts along with a walking track/bowling ally/weight room. We hope to hold some AAU/BCI/high school tourn soon(already had 2 BCI tourn)

Do they have a website? Schedule of upcoming events?

Sports of All Sorts in NKY is a fine facility and has hosted quite a few regional YBOA type tourneys, as well as tons of youth events. They've got 4 or 5 courts, convienently located right off I-75, and run good tournaments from what I've heard. Not had much chance to go after AAU events, as the KBA pretty much has had a lock on these; but have had some success getting participation from some very good Cincy teams in their events. Problem is NKY is a haul for Eastern and Western KY teams; but if Paducah can host a state golf tourney................

 

I have taken several youth basketball teams to weekend events hosted by BCI in Florence. I have never been disappointed in the level of competition at those events.

Do they have a website? Schedule of upcoming events?

 

http://www.kentuckybcibasketball.com is the site. Dave Clevinger is the guy doing the tournys. He's the same guy who has been doing the N.KY Sports of all Sorts tournys for the past few years. Dave and his wife provides a wonderful service to all of us looking to have our kids participate in something beneficial. I know for a fact that Dave will not turn any team away due to entry fees...he will make sure your team plays and in a safe and comfortable atmosphere.

www.kentuckybcibasketball.com is the site. Dave Clevinger is the guy doing the tournys. He's the same guy who has been doing the N.KY Sports of all Sorts tournys for the past few years. Dave and his wife provides a wonderful service to all of us looking to have our kids participate in something beneficial. I know for a fact that Dave will not turn any team away due to entry fees...he will make sure your team plays and in a safe and comfortable atmosphere.

I know Dave well, I was wondering though if there was a site for the new facility in Knott Co. alone.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.