Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

KBA - Lexington sold

Featured Replies

Really hate to hear this especially since there isn't another similar facility in Central Ky at this time. Hopefully something will come around soon.

  • Replies 69
  • Views 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.kentuckybcibasketball.com is the site. Dave Clevinger is the guy doing the tournys. He's the same guy who has been doing the N.KY Sports of all Sorts tournys for the past few years. Dave and his wife provides a wonderful service to all of us looking to have our kids participate in something beneficial. I know for a fact that Dave will not turn any team away due to entry fees...he will make sure your team plays and in a safe and comfortable atmosphere.

 

I think Dave does a great job as well but the age limits should be enforced in these BCI events at certain grade levels. I know last year we took a group of 6th graders out there to play and ended up playing a team from Whitley Co who looked like men. Its okay if you have 1 -2 kids who have full beards and under arm hair because I know it happens but when you get 5-7 kids who are built like Sophomores and have facial/under arm hair playing in a 6th grade BCI tourney, personally I think its a JOKE !!! I thought, man these guys should win the AAU state tourney in Div 1.. cant wait to see them in Lexington. Uh, they never showed up in that tourney, I wonder why? Probably because they actualy check birth certs in AAU sanctioned events.

Knott co. facility looks like an awesome facility from pictures on the website.

I would prefer to got to Sports of All Sorts or the KBA as compared to Knott County because there is nothing to do for those that go with the team.

 

 

 

I really hope KBA continues to hold the State Middle School Tourney's.

I have taken several youth basketball teams to weekend events hosted by BCI in Florence. I have never been disappointed in the level of competition at those events.
Clevenger does do a good job with the events, but the facilty at Sports of All sorts is not the best. My son was at a BCI tounament there last winter and there was a problem with the humidity in the building. Moisture built up on the courts to the point that it was unsafe for the players. They attempted to wipe the courts as the games were played to no avail. Kids were taking some nasty falls as it was like they were playing on ice. Our team chose not to play in the Championship game because the courts had become unsafe.

Hopefully we at Knott Co can involve the new ATV center/horse trail riding/elk viewing that will draw some of the city folk here to play Bball and experience the outdoors as well.

Hopefully we at Knott Co can involve the new ATV center/horse trail riding/elk viewing that will draw some of the city folk here to play Bball and experience the outdoors as well.

Could use your driveway if it snows as a ski resort!!!!:lol:

KHSB1 or something like that was the name of a poster who always had an idea of stuff going on at the KBA. Maybe he can get on here and let us know for sure. Something like that would usually be in the Herald Leader as well.

I wonder if that means they will start checking birth certs for AAU events? :D

 

Now that's funny:ylsuper:

Hey Spindoc that's funny! Come down and see us some time.

Kentucky Basketball Academy. They have a 50,000 sq ft facility that has 5 indoor courts. They sponsor youth and adult leagues. They also do volleyball. It's near New Circle and Nicholasville roads in Lexington.

I don't think KBA sponsors anything. I think they host the tournaments on a for-profit basis

I don't think KBA sponsors anything. I think they host the tournaments on a for-profit basis

 

Weren't a couple of the KBA management/ownership team also on the board of the Kentucky AAU??

Knott Co Sportsplex is second to none. The plans have been laid to Hotel/Shopping/Retail in the adjacent area.

 

My team played at the first girls tourney and had a blast with the bowling alley, arcade, fitness center, walking track and concession/court area. Some of these would keep many busy within the confines of the building. The main goal is to play basketball.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.