November 9, 200718 yr Author I think you missed the boat on this one. Patterson was being honest and IMO showing that he will learn from this. I guess I'm old school because I think Patterson needs to keep his mouth shut and play. If the coach wants to give this interview, fine. When Patterson is in the NBA, he can say whatever he wants. This is one thing that I really liked about Tubby and I think even Pitino, as well - freshman were off limits to the media.
November 9, 200718 yr Honesty doesn't bother me. yea... me either... I dont get what he did wrong?:confused:
November 9, 200718 yr No problem here with what he said. I think this game will be a great wake up call for the cats. I know Billy G wanted to win, but you know he is glad to have an extra week of practice as well.
November 9, 200718 yr Very honest, in my opinion. Perhaps now the players and staff, will never let this occur on Coach G's watch again. I gained more respect for Patterson, if this quote is accurate. Sometimes the best lesson learned, is the one which hurt the most. :thumb:A valuable lesson... This was a bad loss, but not quite the end of the world. I don't think anyone thought Gillispie inherited a final four roster...I think everyone knew this UK team would need some incoming freshmen to contribute right away, or otherwise it could be a struggle, regardless of who was coaching. Freshmen have a lot to learn and this could be one of those things... Now, I expect Gillispie has their undivided attention and he will use that to his advantage...also, staying at home and practicing after an embarassing loss will probably be more beneficial than a trip to NY where they'd have likely lost. And no, I'm not saying Billy G wanted to lose...just that this could be more helpful in the long run. I expected on of those four teams (UK, UConn, OU and Memphis) to lose before NY...it seems that always happens when they set these tournaments up for a desired result. I was hoping it wouldn't be UK though.
November 9, 200718 yr It was obvious BCG felt this way as well. To have practice the day before, a game that night, practice the next day and the game that night, it was obvious he was overlooking them. That is pretty much telling the kids to overlook them too. Do you think they would have done that in New York if they played two days in a row with the likes of UConn to be followed by Memphis. Not a chance.
November 9, 200718 yr It was obvious BCG felt this way as well. To have practice the day before, a game that night, practice the next day and the game that night, it was obvious he was overlooking them. That is pretty much telling the kids to overlook them too. Do you think they would have done that in New York if they played two days in a row with the likes of UConn to be followed by Memphis. Not a chance. Need to read the article in the HL about this practice. Pretty common for him and will keep on doing it. ONe of the mods posted it in one of the UK and the sky is falling threads.
November 9, 200718 yr What is the rule with Freshman talking with the media at Kentucky? Was that a UK rule or a Tubby rule? I thought it was a UK rule?
November 9, 200718 yr What is the rule with Freshman talking with the media at Kentucky? Was that a UK rule or a Tubby rule? I thought it was a UK rule? Tubby rule.
November 9, 200718 yr What is the rule with Freshman talking with the media at Kentucky? Was that a UK rule or a Tubby rule? I thought it was a UK rule? Tubby.
November 9, 200718 yr Need to read the article in the HL about this practice. Pretty common for him and will keep on doing it. ONe of the mods posted it in one of the UK and the sky is falling threads. Its one thing to have a full blown practice. Another to have a walk through and those type things. I dont think you would have seen a full blown practice with the bigger, better teams.
November 9, 200718 yr Anybody else want to tell me it was Tubby Wow, I guess a post being seconds apart is a problem for you.
November 9, 200718 yr Wow, I guess a post being seconds apart is a problem for you. It was a joke, bell. LRCW had a double post at the same time and three consecutive posts said the same thing.
November 9, 200718 yr If I were BCG, no FROSHh would be talking to the media. Nothing good can come of it ("my teammates were selfish").
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.