November 8, 200718 yr For the record, I don't think anyone is actually wanting Coach Gillispie fired over one "laid an egg" outing.
November 8, 200718 yr This reminds of last season before Jasper started runnin the point we weren't a very good team, just like this season. Bradley is not a point he is a two guard. And with Jaspers return no where in sight we are going to struggle without a true point guard. Some people are fan of porter runnin the point but imo he just can't guard his position. BTW, how good would this team be with; G - Rondo G - Bradley G - Crawford F - Patterson C - Morris
November 8, 200718 yr This reminds of last season before Jasper started runnin the point we weren't a very good team, just like this season. Bradley is not a point he is a two guard. And with Jaspers return no where in sight we are going to struggle without a true point guard. Some people are fan of porter runnin the point but imo he just can't guard his position. BTW, how good would this team be with; G - Rondo G - Bradley G - Crawford F - Patterson C - Morris Ramel Bradley is in your lineup so they would still underachieve.
November 8, 200718 yr This reminds of last season before Jasper started runnin the point we weren't a very good team, just like this season. Bradley is not a point he is a two guard. And with Jaspers return no where in sight we are going to struggle without a true point guard. Some people are fan of porter runnin the point but imo he just can't guard his position. BTW, how good would this team be with; G - Rondo G - Bradley G - Crawford F - Patterson C - Morris I like that roster With Legion, Meeks and others off the bench!
November 8, 200718 yr Could be the year that UK finally gets beaten ALOT in the SEC. Many programs have more "players" than UK now (not talent, but people that can play right now). UT was picked to win the SEC for a reason. They have the best coach, more "players" and a great addition when the 1st semester ends...someone you may remember is one of his relatives...maybe by the last name of PRINCE? I think UK will be good in the long run....but Billy G did have a big task ahead of him. So calm down "boo birds"...give the guy a chance... :banana:
November 8, 200718 yr This reminds of last season before Jasper started runnin the point we weren't a very good team, just like this season. Bradley is not a point he is a two guard. And with Jaspers return no where in sight we are going to struggle without a true point guard. Some people are fan of porter runnin the point but imo he just can't guard his position. BTW, how good would this team be with; G - Rondo G - Bradley G - Crawford F - Patterson C - Morris Not enough basketballs to go around.
November 8, 200718 yr :laugh::laugh::laugh: I knew that this was going to come up. Fire Billy......Fire Billy!!! :lol: And I held my breath knowing this would happen soon but I took the chance thinking I would die if it took several weeks for this to happen and now I breathing again after game two! I just hope the same fans who dogged Tubby and danced a Jij when he left are feeling really good about themselves right. Bottom line is, we have some really ungrateful fans and we put too much pressure on any coach. There will come a time when no coach will want this job!
November 8, 200718 yr And I held my breath knowing this would happen soon but I took the chance thinking I would die if it took several weeks for this to happen and now I breathing again after game two! I just hope the same fans who dogged Tubby and danced a Jij when he left are feeling really good about themselves right. Bottom line is, we have some really ungrateful fans and we put too much pressure on any coach. There will come a time when no coach will want this job! I love BCG, and I loved OTS. But you are right. We have too many fans that really truly make it far more difficult to coach at UK. Of course, some of these same fans wanted Brooks fired as recently as 15 mos ago.
November 8, 200718 yr That fact is that this is the least talented team at UK since Pitino's first team. 2 seniors who are cancers and 0 Juniors. Hard to win with that cast of characters. The best players last night were Patterson and Legion and neither of them were on the roster when CBC took the job. :scared::scared:
November 8, 200718 yr I love BCG, and I loved OTS. But you are right. We have too many fans that really truly make it far more difficult to coach at UK. Of course, some of these same fans wanted Brooks fired as recently as 15 mos ago. And that group may be calling for his head again if they lose saturday.
November 8, 200718 yr That fact is that this is the least talented team at UK since Pitino's first team. 2 seniors who are cancers and 0 Juniors. Hard to win with that cast of characters. The best players last night were Patterson and Legion and neither of them were on the roster when CBC took the job. :scared::scared: There you go. Throwing facts into the way of hysterics.
November 8, 200718 yr And that group may be calling for his head again if they lose saturday. Only in Kentucky! Just amazing!!! And BTW, you are probably right! However, they will NOT lose to Vandy on Saturday.
November 8, 200718 yr Guys...just take a deep breath...UK will be absolutely fine. Kentucky greatly overlooked GW last night and Patterson said the exact same thing. After two full hard weeks of practice this team will be ready to roll again. Don't say were going to terrible just because of one game. Where were all these posts pre GW? Just give it to Nov 21st when you see the new UK team step out there. Everything will be ok!
November 8, 200718 yr That fact is that this is the least talented team at UK since Pitino's first team. 2 seniors who are cancers and 0 Juniors. Hard to win with that cast of characters. The best players last night were Patterson and Legion and neither of them were on the roster when CBC took the job. :scared::scared: The first statement is one of opinion, not fact IMHO. However, UK is a VERY young team and that is a fact. What got them last night was a lack of effort. They looked tired. Billy Clyde took responsibility for the loss as rumor has it he practice their tails off. I don't think Bradley is a cancer, but Crawford has not earned anymore playing time than he has been getting. Also, Meeks has a groin injury (and it shows) and Jasper is out. And BTW, while we will never know for sure, I was told by a very reliable source in WV that Patterson was about to pick UK when Tubby left. He backed off, then Billy Clyde did the right thing and refocused to win him back and did so! The Cats will be fine.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.